Back to Work

As much as I wanted to enjoy the rest of my weekend, I couldn't

As much as I wanted to enjoy the rest of my weekend, I couldn't. I was back at the club for my shift and I dreaded it. Vain popped up after my date with Neji and things didn't go well. I didn't know what he had planned and I didn't want to know. I planned to stay out of the way as much as I could. If I avoided him then he wouldn't be able to bother me. I already had it planned that when I saw him, I would go in the opposite direction. I ran my fingers through my hair and stepped into the club. It was empty and I was shocked. I had to be here early so that I could set up for tonight. I dropped my bag on the counter and started to pull the chairs off the tables. The club was clean for the most part, so the only thing that I would have to do is wipe down the tables and stuff. I sighed and walked around each table pulling the chairs down. I was ready for this night to be over and then I would spend the rest of my night cuddled up in bed. I planned on watching a few more Inuyasha episodes when I got home. I was almost done with the series and I was excited to see what happened next. The last episode I watched was when Sesshomaru tried to Kagura from dying. The door opened and I turned around to see Roxy come in. She looked at me and rolled her eyes and I ignored her. I continued to pull the chairs down quickly. The sooner I got done, the sooner I could go and sit in my little corner and hide.

"Vain was talking about firing someone yesterday. I hope it's you."

I rolled my eyes and turned to face her, "me too."

She frowned, "you're weird."

I placed my hand on my hip, "how? Just because I don't talk to you doesn't mean I'm weird."

She raised an eyebrow, "you're weird because you keep chasing a man that doesn't want you."

I shook my head and turned to walk away from her. I was not about to have this conversation with her again. It was pointless and I didn't understand why she kept trying to rub it in my face that she had Vain. I would be happy if he gave her all his attention instead of stalking me. I wish that he would leave me alone and stop breaking into my house and threatening me. She obviously didn't know the whole truth and I was not about to explain it to her.

The front door opened and I turned to see Vain. He was on the phone and Roxy instantly ran to his side. I pretended not to notice them and continued to pull the chairs down.

"Dimmelo dopo," Vain sighed ending the call.

Roxy grabbed his arm, "I'm so glad that you're here. Baby doll threatened to slap me. I didn't do anything to her at all. The only thing that I said was do you need some help and she told me to leave her alone before she slapped me."

I turned around quickly and my mouth fell open. She couldn't be serious, right? Was she really going to play this innocent act in front of Vain and paint me out to be the bad guy? Vain looked at me and I could see the anger in his eyes. He stepped towards me and I stood my ground because I knew that I had nothing to hide. She was lying and it was clear.