The Fair

I groaned and rolled over shielding my eyes from the sun

I groaned and rolled over shielding my eyes from the sun. I got home at three this morning and I passed out. I was exhausted and my feet were killing me. I grabbed my pillow and put it over my face. The sun disappeared and I smiled snuggling deeper under the covers. Today was Sunday and I had dance practice but I was being lazy. I didn't want to go because I was sore from work last night. I sighed; I didn't see Vain before I left. He had one of his drivers take me home instead of him. It wasn't a good idea for him to bring me home anyway. I didn't want him knowing where I lived. At the end of the day, he was still Roman's enemy and I was betraying my brother. Not only that, but I was also betraying his trust. He trusted me and I was lying to him. I felt bad about it because he only wanted what was best for me.

"ATHENA!"

I pushed the pillow off my face and sat up quickly when I heard my brother yell my name. His screaming this early in the morning couldn't be good. Had he found out about me being around Vain? My room door swung open and he walked in holding my bookbag.

"What did I tell you about leaving your bookbag in the middle of the floor?"

I closed my eyes and thanked god silently. I thought that he had found out about me creeping around. I placed my hand on my heart and shook my head. I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Well, are you going to explain yourself or not?"

I looked at him and scratched my head nervously, "I'm sorry. I know that you said to never do it and I don't know why I forgot. It won't happen again, I promise."

He rolled his eyes, "you said that last time." He turned his back to me and dropped my bookbag by my door.

In a strange way, I wanted him to stay. We didn't get to spend much time together and I missed my brother. It seemed like every time we spoke to each other we were arguing about something. We got along when mom and dad were alive but once they died, he drifted away. "Roman, I was wondering if we could do something today. You know just you and me?"

"I can't, I'm busy today. I thought that you had something to do with your friends anyway."

I shrugged, "I can always cancel. I just want to spend a day with you. It doesn't have to be the whole day."