Graduation

It has been a month and I'm still working at the club with Vain

It has been a month and I'm still working at the club with Vain. I have to stay late after everyone leaves to clean. I've been exhausted trying to keep up with that and school. I would say dance practice but our season is over. Our practice starts in August and it ends in May. Once we compete in the dance tournament, we take a break. Speaking of the dance tournament, we danced last week. We did better than the group thought we did and we came out in second place. I was heartbroken because I thought that we would get first place this year. Overall, it wasn't too bad because we still walked away with something. The second-place prize was twenty-five thousand dollars. We split that between the five of us and we all got five thousand each. This was going to be our last time dancing together because we were graduating from high school. The other crew members would be going off to college. Eli got accepted into Bayside University. She was excited to start her journey to become a doctor. Her mother was an alcoholic and she would never acknowledge Eli. Since the age of six, her grandmother has had to raise her. Her father died when she was a baby and she never knew him. Neji got accepted into Full Sail performing arts college. It was located in Chicago, which was not too far away. He wanted to continue his dancing career because he wanted to become famous. Neji lived in a two-parent household and he had a younger sister named Dion. His parents were lawyers who represented all kinds of celebrity's and they put their all into their children. Sam got accepted into Full Sail performing arts college as well. He had the same goal as Neji and they were excited to go together. Sam lived with his mom; his dad walked out on them years ago. His mother worked at a local grocery store and she tried to provide for her children as best as she could. Sam has a younger sister named Kelly and he has a younger brother named Kyle. Due to his mother struggling to make ends meet, he wasn't sure that he would be able to go. But Neji's parents reassured his mom that they would take care of everything. Jose was accepted into The University of Texas. He was following in his parent's footsteps by becoming a marine biologist. His parents were big marine Biologists and they studied marine animals all over the world. They spent most of their time traveling than at home these days. Jose has no siblings and he was happy about that. Then there's me, I got accepted into Full Sail performing arts college with Neji and Sam. I didn't tell Roman yet because I know that he will be upset. My life is with the mafia and he didn't want me to forget that.

On another note, today is graduation day and I can't help but feel nervous. I felt like I would throw up any moment. The arena was filled with people and I couldn't think straight. There were five people in front of me and I hated that. I wanted it to be one hundred people in front of me. I didn't want to trip and fall. The stage looked so long until I reached the principle. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath trying to force myself to calm down. Neji was standing in front of me and I shook my head. I knew that he was itching to tease me and I was not in the mood.

"Calm down Athena, you'll be fine."

I nodded my head and took another deep breath. He was right, I needed to calm down. It wasn't that big of a deal anyway. I walk across the stage and shake the principle's hand, then take my diploma. Simple...right? They called Neji's name and he walked away leaving me in the front of the line. I was so happy to see him wave at the crowd and enjoy himself. He took his diploma and stopped for a picture before walking off the stage.