#23 || Guilt on me

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Topeka, Kansas]

*The next day – Evening*

-Taehyung's POV-

Yesterday night was supposed to be the best time for Jimin and me. But everything ended in trouble after I chased after something I shouldn't have searched, and Jimin told me to stay still, but once again, I didn't listen to him. And now, I feel terrible.

Our manager saved the day and helped me to get out of this messy situation. I thanked him and apologized for the things I made. He understood the reason why I did it, and he thanked me for worrying about the members' safety; however, I wasn't free of any punishment. This morning, he set up a small meeting with the CEO through a video call, and we decided what my punishment should be after yesterday's behaviour. The CEO didn't go too harsh on me regardless of the trouble I caused, and so, he let me choose the punishment I deserved. Of course, I would pick something fair after everything that happened, and both superiors were glad that I thought of my actions.

After the meeting with my superiors, I returned to the hotel along with my manager. He explained to me what would happen after yesterday's event and everything that went on with Hyonu. The manager told me that the police transported him to South Korea and that he's going to be judge over there. Also, he mentioned the immense possibility of seeing the news talking about the situation, and due to the effect that the revelation will cause on the group, the company forced to make the USA tour shorter for the members' sake. I apologized again, but he told me that I shouldn't worry anymore; after all, he agrees that the main priority is the health of the members.

The manager left me inside of my room, and luckily, Jungkook wasn't there, and I had some time for myself. After hearing everything that I provoked, I feel upset and annoyed. I let my impulses take control of myself, again, and I affected others because of my actions. It made me insane the thought of knowing that this situation can create a bad image for the group, and not only that, but I'm sad because I never wanted Hyonu to end up in prison.

I sat down on the edge of the bed before looking around the room. I noticed that Yeontan wasn't there, so I assumed that Jungkook took him, and that made me think about what to do next.

I needed to think for myself. I wanted to be alone and to have no interruptions. So, I grabbed my phone and the room's key. Then, I walked out of there without thinking twice. I took the stairs as I started to hurry up my pace, and after a few minutes, I reached the lobby floor. I looked around, noticing that for once, nobody was outside the hotel.

The stars are aligning tonight for me.

Immediately, I ran towards the entrance of the hotel and got outside in a hurry. I ran as fast as I could before finding myself trapped inside my head. These negative thoughts are going through my mind, making me feel more guilty about the things that happened.