#17 || Who comes first?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Kansas, USA – 2019]

*Later that day*

-Taehyung's POV-

I've been inside my room almost all day long. I took out Yeontan for a walk and took advantage of that to take some photos around the city, but right after that, we returned to the hotel room and slept. I tried to rest as much as I could but it was starting to get frustrating because from time to time I would wake up. I couldn't stop thinking about Hyonu and Jimin, how close they were with one another, and knowing that Jungkook might feel something for me scares me a bit. After all, I don't want to lose our friendship in any way or form; he's very important to me, and I don't want another misunderstanding getting the best of a person I care about.

Some moments ago Jin-hyung and Yoongi-hyung came over to see how I was doing. I once again hid my problems and just told them that I was trying to rest, and afterwards, we talked for a bit about tomorrow and the concert, then they took my laptop since I have the music files for the individual performances that we use for practice. And when they left, I let myself fall on top of the mattress and sighed as I tried to catch some sleep but it was useless.

I couldn't stay there without doing anything, so, I played a while with Yeontan before the little one fell asleep. Then, I took out my phone and looked at the hour; the members weren't over with the practicing hours and because I wanted to be there and also give my all, I moved some of the furniture around the room to make some space. As soon as I got the space I needed, I stretched out and started to listen to some music while doing the things we always do before the practice, after that, I started to rehearse the choreographies of the concert with the music of my phone, and also I practiced the special performance I have with Kookie.

Right now, I'm already out of the shower after a heavy session of practicing inside the room. I started to put the furniture back on their place as fast as I could since the members were about to come back. Then, I just drank water and made some breathing exercises, after all, I felt dizzy in between dances but it was fine because I knew that I needed more rest.

While breathing in and out calmly, I looked down at my phone that is on the dresser. I started to read some of the notifications going my way; some messages from the manager that were saying that Hyonu was under investigation, and some others from entertainment resources that were linked with Jimin and I. The news about the hashtag on social media was going wilder by each day, and I don't know how to stop it when the company doesn't let me do anything about it.

Before I could do anything, I felt a soft stroke on my back and went all over my head. I smiled slightly as I heard Jungkook chuckle, I turned around and sighed.

-Didn't you hear me come inside? – Jungkook asked.

-No, I didn't – I chuckled slightly.

-We are all back and listen, I want to talk with you – He smiled. –Do you think we can? – He asked.

I nodded.

-But hey, look at me – Jungkook said before holding my chin.

He analyzed me entirely before taking a deep breath, I could read his eyes and he was just thinking the same as me.

-I tried to sleep, I promise – I said while caressing the back of my head.

-I believe you – Jungkook said before he took my hand, then both of us sat down on the edge of the bed.

-So, what do you want to talk about? – I asked.

-First of all, I want to discuss what Jimin-hyung said on his video – Jungkook said.

-Oh, the "you like me" thing? – I questioned.

He chuckled. –Ah, a lot of things can get mixed up – Jungkook sighed. –I did start to feel that I was "liking" you, but then I realized that I couldn't see you like something else than a best friend and one of my favourite hyungs – Jungkook assured.

I chuckled embarrassedly. –I didn't know you consider me as one of your favourites – I admitted.

-Well, now you know – Jungkook grinned. –And on the other part, I did tell Yoongi-hyung about my supposed feelings because I wanted to be sure about his feeling for Jimin-hyung – Jungkook disclosed.

-Yeah, I saw that one coming too; I was sure that Yoongi-hyung wanted to be with Jimin – I said.

-But listen, I think he's going to respect your relationship with Jimin-hyung, so I wouldn't worry about it – Jungkook spoke.

I sighed before looking at him with a slight smile. –To be honest... I don't know if I want to get back with Jimin – I revealed.

-What? – He asked astonished. –But, why? – Jungkook questioned confused.

-I thought about it, and maybe not as much as I should have, but for now, I want to heal – I admitted. –With Hyonu under observation and knowing I'm not healthy, I think I want to think about what to do next. After all, what Jimin told me yesterday night was very hurtful and it truly got into me – I explained.

-Was it that bad? – Jungkook asked concerned.

I nodded. –He told me to stay away from him, he called me a liar and simply told me to stay with you – I said.

-Wow, I never thought he would say those things – Jungkook sighed before hugging me. –You know I'm always here for you, so, he isn't wrong about us being very united – He said.

-I know, but it hurts me to see that he could doubt me – I said before getting away from him, then I just smiled and cluttered his hair. –Anyway, thank you for wanting to talk with me – I said sincerely.

-No problem, hyung – Jungkook smiled. –By the way, tomorrow morning I'll go to a morning jog with Hobi-hyung, if you feel better you could always join us – He spoke.

-Sounds good, I'd love to go – I grinned. –And don't tell the members that I wasn't resting, please – I chuckled.

-Fine, I will cover you this time – Jungkook shook his head while chuckling. –Were you practicing? – He asked.

I nodded. –Sorry – I smiled.

-Don't worry, just sleep tonight – Jungkook patted my shoulder. –I'll go to the shower, you should go ahead and sleep; I'll catch up – He said.

-Alright – I said before he stroke my hair happily.

He stood up and grabbed his sleepwear before getting inside the bathroom. I just watched as he was getting inside before sighing.

He did this day so much better, I don't know how he does it. I guess I'm a lucky guy to have such an amazing friend like him.