• | Him Vs Her | •

Zoya slowly turned the knob of the door and peeked inside Aditya's room with hesitation. With the help of the light from her phone, she roamed her eyes across the room to find it empty. With a strange feeling, she walked towards the washroom to notice the door half-opened with lights on, which indicated that Aditya wasn't definitely here.

Where has he gone? Aditya ko bura laga hoga dinner par kahi gayi baaton ko lekar. Jo kuch bhi hua, he wasn't in the right mind to answer Harsh uncle par iska matlab yeh toh nahi hai ki aadhi raat ko woh kahi bhi jaaye!

Zoya walked out closing the door. What disturbed her the most was that Aditya could get an attack any time and especially with the things going on with the Hooda family, Aditya getting to know about his father's affair, things were bound to get complicated.

Slowly tip-toeing Zoya moved towards the hallway and as she started descending the stairs halfway through, she heard a ruffling noise. She paused immediately and tried to catch up with the sound. Then she heard it again.

Yaha kisi aisi jagah hai jo maine notice nahi kiya hoga abhi tak? But then again there's the balcony! Shaayad Aditya wahi hoga..

Thinking to herself Zoya wandered upstairs where she came to another corridor. Unlocking the door to the balcony, Zoya stared outside where her face was hit with night air that was extremely chilly. There was no sign of Aditya which made her feel disappointed and looking to her left and right, she closed the door and sighed.

Aditya, aap ho kaha? If you are not home till tomorrow morning, aunty aur uncle ko patha chalgaya toh hungama hojayega! Damn..

Zoya felt as if her attempt to find Aditya was indeed futile. But that's when she heard an eerie screeching noise. She paid attention to notice that the sound was coming from the balcony only. Immediately she unlocked the door again and this time Zoya marched outside and as she looked around carefully, there it was. A small door to the left side of the balcony. Peeping down the railing of the balcony to check the surroundings, Zoya kept her phone in front to get a clear view. Once she neared the door, it opened with a single touch.

Taking a deep breath, she started pacing inside and Zoya couldn't believe her eyes. It was again a long passage with no electricity. This house is massive than she thought but what if this is a storage room? Perhaps Aditya wanted a break everything. Zoya felt assured without any confirmation but it was even more surprising for her that she felt that she could understand Aditya's pain.

* * * * *

A few seconds later, Zoya came face to face with a wooden door and as she switched off the light in her phone with tension, she slowly pushed the door and finally saw Aditya. He was sitting on a chair, facing backwards to her and a single candle lightened the entire space. Zoya tip-toed inside without making any noise and she finally saw that it was more of an attic and less of a storeroom as per her assumption.

She scrunched her eyebrow and gazed around. It was a spacious attic which looked similar to Aditya's room except there was more colour and glow. A book rack, a massive bed, few furniture & a TV decorated the room. In the middle of the attic was Aditya, sitting on a single sofa.

"Agar jaasusi karne ka itna shauq hai toh detective kyun nahi ban jaati ho?"

Aditya's baritone scared the living daylights out of Zoya as she gasped in horror. She didn't expect Aditya to notice her before she had the time to question him herself and she was caught red handed. Zoya kept staring at Aditya, shocked to speak. She was trespassing and she shouldn't have done that. But her intentions were clear she knew.

Aditya turned around leisurely and noticed that Zoya looked frightened with him addressing her even without seeing her. But he wondered if there was a reason unknown to him which startled her. Clearing his throat, Aditya stood up and moved across the attic and stopped in front of Zoya. Zoya was feeling numb to speak and she kept maintaining her stare down.