• | Promises Unkept | •

There are things in this world which are never under our control. No matter who says what they can't be changed from their original state, however much we try we keep failing and then comes the unfortunate defeat, tabahi.

When nothing seems to work according to the way we want them to work, it's obvious that anyone can feel frustrated, betrayed and disheartened.

Such was the case with a young sixteen year old teenager Aditya Hooda. He was rich, famous and 6 feet tall. According to what he has been observing throughout the years as a child Aditya had the perfect life any kid could've imagined with his parents. Brought up with luxuries, he used to get his favourite toys, bicycles and snacks whenever he asked his parents to buy them for him. The love Aditya received as the only child of his parents came to an abrupt halt when he merely stepped in to the best time of that of his teenage years. 

His father, the reputed Criminal Lawyer Harshwardhan Hooda and his mother, the NGO Owner Anjana Hooda were leading a happily married life for a long time. Meeting each other at a function due to their father's respective figures in the society, Harshwardhan and Anjana had a relationship for almost two years and after their marriage, their lives had no threats due to Harshwardhan's impenetrable profession nor any complications as known to the public but the real story was much bitter.

Anjana was a loving mother, a wife and having her own NGO to help children who has lost their parents due to natural disasters has done nothing wrong to anybody in her life. After Aditya was born apart from working for the NGO and looking after Harshwardhan's needs and wants, her world revolved around her little son. She made it clear that whatever obstacles that comes her way, she wouldn't let anything harm her son.

When Aditya was sixteen years old, he unfortunately had to face an unexpected situation in his life which turned his future upside down. He who never thought that he would see a day in his life when his parents would quarrel with each other and his mother cry due to his father's unforgivable deeds, Aditya made it a promise to himself that he would never change himself for his so-called father's reputation in the society and show fake happiness on his face and behave as if nothing is wrong in their father-son relationship.

That's why Aditya avoided attending events with his mother where his father accompanied them and it was Anjana who always had to make better excuses each time her colleagues inquired about her sons's whereabouts. That's why Aditya didn't sit for breakfast, lunch nor dinner at home where both his parents were present at the dining table every day and that's how he started spending his time apart from the hours he spent at his college for studies outside his house rather than staying indoors, where he gets to witness a 'tamasha' as he used to name it between his parents.

Aditya felt dejected from the society and he couldn't make up his mind to accept the fact that his father was a back stabber towards him and all he did was show fake love towards his mother and him. Moreover what disturbed a teenage Aditya's mind was how his mother is maintaining her decorum as if a storm hasn't hit her family. Aditya didn't prefer witnessing his mother sitting silently whenever she was present with his father wherever she went and how she listened to Harshwardhan when he scolded her for little things. Aditya's father is no angel either.

How come a woman who has been cheated on by the man who has loved her as his girlfriend and later on as his wife and the mother of his child stay calm and not divorce him? Aditya's mentality was very much affected and negative thoughts surrounded him in no time. 

One day when Anjana visited her son in his room upstairs before going for work, she noticed him seated at the window sill at the corner of his room, dressed up in a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt, holding his legs to his body closely with his arms wrapped around. His behaviour didn't seem normal since she could clearly see that her son was shaking completely and Anjana ran towards Aditya frightened. He didn't look at her in the eyes when she held him by his shoulders calling his name and was staring outside and he started shaking more, gritting his teeth. Anjana couldn't think of what she should do next.

That's why she drove with him to the nearest psychiatrist and told the lady doctor the reason for her son's behaviour. After observing Aditya according to medical procedures, the psychiatrist had a suggestion for Anjana.

"Aditya is disturbed Mrs. Hooda. He is mentally affected with everything happening around him and because he has no one to share his grief with he is suffering alone. After I gave him the injection and he woke up, he explained to me what he could share as his personal experience. What I could assume is that maybe he doesn't many people to talk with them about your family since the reputation. Try to cooperate with him as much as you can and avoid talking with him about the relationship you share with your husband and he shares with his father. It might result in giving adverse effects in his health condition. If you want your son's health condition to stay regular and not deteriorate please cooperate"

Anjana heed to the psychiatrist's advice with tears in her eyes and thousands of unanswered questions inside her head and thereafter though Aditya had the medicines recommended by the doctor and had his meals on time, he avoided his father and social gatherings as usual. He didn't speak with his mother as well but whenever he was asked anything he answered her. After all she did everything for her son.

 After all she did everything for her son

Aditya passing through his teenage years, moved from School to College, where he made new friends but none were close to him as he kept his friends only to his college and none of them visited him at his home. He didn't want the truth about his family to prevail across the city with just one mistake of his.

He started realizing with age that his father has never been faithful to his mother and there is nothing called 'Love' that exist in this world. For namesake only he called his parents as his and he exchanged only a few words with his mother whenever it felt very necessary to talk.

Whatever the promises that his father has made to him and his mother saying that he would love them till the day he leaves this world felt shallow to Aditya and that made him lose his faith in anything.

Surpassing a myriad number of complications in his life and successfully completing his psychotherapy sessions with his psychiatrist every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday's since the time he was sixteen years old and getting certified as absolutely normal and recovered of mental stress, Aditya currently follows a Bachelor's degree in Designing Games and he is dedicated in working towards making games for youngsters as a stress buster from their day to day issues, keeping in his mind his own personal issues as a teenager.

--------------------

The chapter might feel quite short but it's just the beginning. There's more to come... 🙂

Hasta la vista! 🍸

Sewwi