• | Beating Around The Bush | •

While Zoya was going through a dilemma of thinking what must she do first, whether to check who the guest is regarding whom Anjana aunt hasn't told her about, a stranger visitor for sure or walk towards the master bedroom and inform her regarding Harshwardhan uncle's call and ask her to look who's at the gate.

As Zoya started biting a nail confusingly looking around her, Anjana marched out of her room at the same time wearing a sweater on top of her sari and adjusting her hair in to a bun. As she lifted her eyes she noticed Zoya standing in the middle of the living room, looking puzzled about something which seemed to be a serious issue and walked towards her quickly.

"Zoya? Why are you looking nervous? Kis ka call aaya tha?"

"Harshwardhan uncle ka. Aunty, uncle said that the party which we are supposed to attend? It's going to happen tomorrow and he also asked me to make sure you go to sleep without waiting for him. Aur aunty, uncle ne kaha ki woh koshish karenge baara bajh ne se pehele aane keliye. He's stuck with preparing documents for courts tomorrow..."

Anjana grinned at Zoya and touched her cheek.

"Thanks for the message beta but I think it's better to call uncle aur usi se sab jaan le?"

At the exact time the bell outside the house once again rang with a screeching sound. Zoya and Anjana immediately looked at the screen placed at the left corner of the living room, which is connected with all the cameras fixed around the house. It was still raining wildly outside but with a thoughtful glance, Anjana could recognize the person who was ringing the bell continuously.

"Zoya, main toh bhool gayi ki koi aaya hai. It's Adi aur I'm 100% sure. Aaj guards jaldi gaye the baarish ki wajah se, toh Maria gate lock kiya hoga or else Adi anyway walks in without anyone's help. Beta, if you don't mind could you please go outside with an umbrella and bring him? Aur main sach mein chahthi hoon ki tum aur Adi dost bane Zoya, you will be able to change him in to whom he used to be. I trust you. So will you take this tiny step today onwards beta? For me?"

Zoya could see a positive flicker in Anjana's eyes as she stared at her hopefully. She knew that she cannot break the poor mother's heart who was trying her best to mend the bonding between herself and her son. The next second Zoya knew what she had to do.

"I'll bring Aditya inside the house. Aunty, aap fikar na kare.."

Zoya shook her head obediently and Anjana's happiness had no ends as she smiled widely.

"Thanks Zoya, I owe you one for this. For helping me. Maria? Jaldi main gate ki chaabi aur ek chhata lekar aao! Zoya has to go outside..."

Anjana screamed and instantly Maria came running towards the living room with the keys and an umbrella. Zoya gave Anjana a tight lipped smile, took a deep breath and proceeded towards the main door taking the umbrella and keys, opened its lock and stepped outside to face the never ending rain. The background definitely looked scary with the rain having decided to not stop soon and thundering and lightening continuously lighting up the sky. 

Zoya was never a girl who felt scared of darkness or lightening but something in her mind wasn't making her feel good about stepping outside at this time of the hour, that too to walk her 'so-called' enemy inside his house.

What is wrong with me? I know Anjana aunty wants me to become friends with Aditya because she feels that I'll make a good influence on him but that doesn't mean I'm ready to accept any challenge she throws my way! This will be the last time and I won't be doing this again. Aditya might not even come with me when he notices that it's his enemy who has willingly decided to help him but that's not my problem!

Zoya thought to herself rather logically and taking a look around the garden, she walked towards the huge gate. She could hear Aditya ringing the bell twice after she came outside.