• | Winds Drifting | •

Happy New Year 2020 🍾🎊🎉!

--------------------

As Aditya proceeded towards the garage outside he signaled Maria, who was standing to close the gates after the vehicles leave the house with the remote in her hand to open the garage, so that he can take out his vehicle. Harshwardhan stood stunned looking at his son's deeds.

Aditya was stopped in his tracks as he shouted aloud.

"Aditya, I told you that day that we will be attending the party by my SUV. Tumhe alag aane ki zaroorat nahi hai! Chup chaap mere gaadi mein aakhar baito!"

Harshwardhan's stern order made Anjana feel ashamed as she slowly glanced at Zoya who was standing with her, witnessing the scene and as if she was aware of the mother's plight, Zoya placed an assuring hand on her shoulder. She felt good knowing that Zoya didn't feel otherwise about the supposed verbal spat.

"Mr. Hooda, aapne aisa kaha tha lekin aapko agar aapke kahi hui baat yaad hai toh yeh bhi yaad hona chahiye ki I didn't say anything. I didn't agree to come and sit with you in your vehicle. So why make a scene out of such a small issue?"

Aditya said in a calm tone. Harshwardhan took few steps forward in vexation and shook his head unimpressed.

"Aditya, tum mere saath is tarah baat na kare toh achcha hoga. Yes, I know that you didn't agree but then again, has there been any day where you have decided to do things my way? So for today I'm asking in fact actually ordering you to come and take a seat in my SUV so that we can leave quickly and appear at the party as a family.."

Harshwardhan made it a point to make Aditya realize that their appearance in front of the society is important rather than doing drama. Aditya widened his eyes in sarcasm looking up at the sky and slowly walked towards Harshwardhan who looked no-nonsense.

Anjana held Zoya's shoulder understanding where the conversation between her husband and son were heading. Zoya realised that this is the first verbal fight she's about to witness after she has got to know the truth about the Hooda's.

"Mr. Hooda, duniya keliye aap mere 'so-called' dad honge par maine kabhi aapko utna importance nahi diya hai. I agree I was dumb as a kid but I'm not a ten year old anymore. If you want me to accompany you to this party of your friend then I'm driving my Audi or you can go without me. The decision has to be made soon because then I can get my vehicle or walk inside, it's up to you.."

Aditya said adamantly and pressed his lips together giving a glare of warning to Harshwardhan. The father knew that Aditya won't listen to him at any cost and the fact that his son could turn over his entire life within a matter of seconds and reveal the truth about his character. Aditya could end up damaging his career completely if he willed to do so one day and Harshwardhan knew it wasn't worth taking the risk.

"Fine. You can drive. Follow the SUV.."

Anjana stood still in shock unable to grab hold of what just happened. Her husband had just agreed to his son's condition without further abusing. She had expected drama, taunting, disgraceful words and what not! Taking one last glance at Aditya who looked at his feet nodding his head and walked towards the garage, Anjana turned to look at Zoya who had her eyes glued to Aditya. Anjana looked at her son again and then at Zoya suspiciously.

"Zoya? Chale?"

She asked in a soft tone to which Zoya jolted and looked at the mother and shook her head. Within few minutes Harshwardhan's SUV pulled out of the gates of the Hooda house and following the vehicle was Aditya's Black Audi.

"Oh Harshwardhan, Sunita and I were waiting for you and your family! Welcome to our party!"

As the Hooda's along with Zoya entered the venue it was past Seven pm. The Hotel was located in the suburbs near Sea area giving a gorgeous view of the night. As Harshwardhan's driver parked the SUV in the basement which was considerably larger than one could imagine, seconds later Aditya's Audi was driven inside but to Zoya's surprise he decided to park his vehicle far from his father's.