Dance The Night Away: Connection

The ride to the party wasn't the fastest, so we rocked out to some classic american songs on the way. I gave my phone to Jin to hold onto, since I didn't have any pockets at all and Gisselle gave hers to Yoongi. First song to come on? 'Lose Yourself' by Eminem, recommended by yours truly. I mean, who doesn't love a bit of Eminem?

Snap back to reality, ope there goes gravity, ope
There goes Rabbit, he choked, he's so mad but he won't
Give up that easy, no, he won't have it, he knows
His whole back's to these ropes, it don't matter, he's dope
He knows that but he's broke, he's so stagnant, he knows
When he goes back to this mobile home, that's when it's
Back to the lab again yo, this whole rhapsody
Better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him, and

You better lose yourself in the music
The moment, you own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo

You better lose yourself in the music
The moment, you own it, you better never let it go
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo
You better...

Gisselle and I both surprised the boys since we knew all of the lyrics to the song. We burst into laughter in the middle of it, giggling like we're still in high school. Oh lord, I feel old just thinking that.

It's already been over a year since I've graduated from high school, but it feels like it was just yesterday. In the middle of our jam session, I get a call from a certain GOT7 member, though it's one I haven't met.

"Ah, is this Jangmi?"

The boys are kind enough to lower the volume of the music as I answer the call. "Yes, this is her," I respond, raising a brow over at Gisselle. "Might I ask who I'm speaking to?"

"Oh I'm sorry, my name is Mark, I'm from GOT7. Jackson gave me your number. I was wondering if you had any good party music to recommend, we're finalizing the playlist and figured we'd like your input since you might not know a lot of our iconic songs."

"Oh! Of course, I'll text you a list right now. Just give me a second to add you to my contacts, and I'll have it sent in a few minutes."

"Awesome, thanks so- wait, do I hear Eminem?"

"Ah, yeah we are jamming out to some American hits right now."

"You guys are already on your way? Damn, you're really punctual. You won't be the first ones here, so don't worry. The place is already packed, but what do you expect from a party co-hosted by Jackson Wang?"

"You aren't wrong my guy. Well I can't wait to officially meet you all when we get there, speaking of I have to text Beomgyu. I'll see you at the party, Mark!"

"See you in a bit, Jangmi!" I hang up the phone with a smile, Hoseok giving me a knowing look.

"What?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Our Jangmi, already making other idol friends. I'm so proud!"

"Aish, I'm not THAT anti-social!" I reply as I quickly open up the group chat between myself and the members of TXT.

"I don't know girl, if it's not Choi, Manager or one of us you hardly talk to anyone, well except for the rookie group." Gisselle says with a grin. "You hardly speak to the other staff except for a select few." I give the woman a dirty look before turning my attention back to my phone.

MamaLee has entered the chat

MamaLee: