Chapter 48: A Hectic Schedule

Baking ended up turning into an all out war. I had decided to ease the tension I felt by first swiping some cake mix on Hoseok's cheek. He retaliated with some cake mix of his own, and then it went downhill from there. Now both of us are absolutely covered in it, thankfully we still had enough to actually BAKE some cupcakes. 

So now I'm struggling to keep Hoseok from using the vanilla frosting as a weapon as I desperately try and finish decorating the cupcakes. 

"Hoseok!" I cry as he puts another dollop of frosting on my nose

"Hoseok!" I cry as he puts another dollop of frosting on my nose. "At this rate we won't be able to get done before the first member gets home!"

"Ah, so what? I'm having fun with our princess!" Hobi retorts, smearing more onto my cheek. I shake my head with a smile as he starts making a little heart with the frosting. Somehow I manage to finish the cupcakes in record time, despite the lack of help from the ball of sunshine beside me.

"Ooh, you did really well! Are you sure you aren't some master baker or something?" Hoseok says as he eyes the cupcakes.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not, Hobi-oppa. It's just one of the many things I learned to do as a kid. I love anything about the arts so I did what I could to practice, even though my mother didn't exactly approve," I say softly, thinking back a bit.

My mother was very much against my pursuits in the arts, to the point where much of my practice was in secret when she wasn't home. She kept saying that it was a waste of time and effort, that I should become a doctor or something worthwhile. Not that I had any interest in medicine of course.

"Your mother was wrong," Hoseok says, and I look at him in surprise before realization hits. I must have said that last part out loud, I can already feel the blush creep up on my cheeks.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't.. oh god." I facepalm myself, knowing that I probably royally messed up. Hoseok has such respect for his own parents, as all the guys do. What I said is highly rude and uncalled for, even if she is awful.

"Don't apologize!" Hobi wraps an arm around me with a bright smile. "It's okay. Honestly, if my mother was like that, I don't know if I'd have as great of a relationship as I do with her. Yoongi's parents weren't really supportive of his career choice either."

I know he's just saying that to cheer me up. Here in South Korea, their kids are brought up to have such respect for their parents. In America it's so different, though I'm not saying that all kids there DON'T have respect. Maybe the parents here are just more respectable as well. I mean, I have all the love and respect in the world for my grandmother, but my father and mother? They lost it all with their actions.

My silence causes Hoseok's smile to fall a little, before he takes another bit of frosting and taps my nose with it. His childish antics make me smile a little, and soon I retaliate with some of my own, getting it all over the side of his face.

And so the war returns, both sides staying FAR AWAY from the finished product while chasing each other around with the remaining frosting.

I hear the sounds of a shutter, and both of us turn to see Jungkook grinning with his phone pointed at us. "Jin-hyung is going to kill you if he comes home to this mess," The maknae says before putting his phone back in his pocket.