Chapter Twenty-Nine: Cruisin' & Slaps

Lighter Shade of Brown~ On a Sunday Afternoon🤎(Song above)
...
After a long week of catching up since I now remembered everything, today was finally Sunday. And that means today's the day I had promised Lena we'd go cruising.
Not to mention the fact that today I would also be meeting Lena's primo Guillermo A.K.A Memo for the first time in a long time.

"Paco, Memo's here!" She yelled out from the kitchen. I laughed when I heard her squeal in excitement.

"I'll be right there Lena!" I shouted out from the bedroom as I hurriedly put on my flannel before closing the door behind me on my way out.

(Paco's Outfit below)

 The room grew quiet in suspense waiting for Memo's reaction

The room grew quiet in suspense waiting for Memo's reaction. He was sitting down at the table with one leg overlapping the other facing me. Our eyes locking as he took slow strides towards me. And before I could say anything, a loud "smack" could be heard throughout the room.

He slapped me. Everyone gasped.

"Memo!" Lena's ma scolded him. I should've held in my laughter but I couldn't help it. I erupted with a booming laugh.

Memo and I grinned at each other as we clasped our hands together, pulling into a hug.

"But for real though, Paco, I'm offended that you forgot us! I mean how could you forget me?!? I'm your favorite!"

We all burst out laughing.

I then felt Lena's arms slide around my waist as she rests her head against my chest and faces Memo.

"Primo, you must be mistaken if you think your Paco's favorite, cause I'm his one and only favorite."

Everyone looked up at us in shock. Lena and I smirked at each other. It was now time for us to laugh.

"Wait, you mean to tell me you're dating?!?"

Everyone says this at the same time. Before I could respond Lena beat me to it.

"If he officially asks me to be then, yes."

Everyone's eyes were locked on me as they all went "Ooohhh"

I stroked the back of my neck as I  looked up at Lena's parents and my pa and said, "If you'd all be ok with us being official then I would like to..."

I looked down at my Cortez shoes in nervousness before I was met with "yes and of course" this made me look up with a huge grin as I locked eyes with Lena and we both gave each other a hug.
...

It was now just us three. We were finally all together after being apart for six years. There were no thoughts but the present as we cruised downtown listening to nothing but oldies and Chicano rap in a 1959 chevy impala.

 There were no thoughts but the present as we cruised downtown listening to nothing but oldies and Chicano rap in a 1959 chevy impala

One hand was on the steering wheel as my other arm was around Lena's shoulder.  Guillermo was talking about how he was almost going to be in college and how excited he was. Everything we talked about that night was mostly positive, but we all knew our thoughts were worried about what tomorrow would bring.

Tomorrow's Monday.

And that means it's gonna be Lena's first day of school with me. I'm worried. We all were. Hell, even Memo was.

But we all pushed the thought to the back of our heads as we tried to enjoy the night while we still could.

We cruised all the way to Sacramento and back home.

Tonight is tonight, today is today, and tomorrow will be tomorrow. We just have to live our lives to the fullest before the storm comes. That way when we face it, our memories shall give us strength.