Chapter Seven: Nightmares ⚠️

Bury Me Low by 8 Graves (song above)

*Mild mature themes*

...
By the time Paco had finished helping Lena get situated inside his room, it was already nightfall. Paco was tired but was fearful that if he fell asleep he'd have another nightmare and Lena would stress out trying to wake him.
So instead of him sleeping, he watched Lena as she slept on his bed.

He couldn't help but notice that every time she snuggled into the pillow, her long hair shined from the moonlight smiling upon her. Or how her soft snores brought music to his ears. Paco fell asleep on a chair next to the bed before he even got a chance to think. But there's always a catch to a happy ending...

Nightmare:

*Drip, Drip, Drip* Paco looked down and saw he was bleeding from all of his fresh deep wounds. The blood was dripping onto the wooden floor as Paco cried begging for them to stop torturing him.

Unknown person: "Look at you crying!" "It amuses me." The boy laughs

Unknown person: "Do you know why?"

Paco couldn't even respond due to the excruciating pain he was feeling as a knife was being dragged along his back.

Unknown person: "ANSWER ME, YOU FUCKING BITCH!!" The angry boy punched Paco before telling the person next to him to kick him on his now bruised up hip until He's lying on the floor begging.

Paco: "N- N- NO!!" "Pl- P- PLEASE STOP!!!"

Paco: "I- I don't understand * sob*, Why?."

Unknown person: "Because your reactions are so ugly yet so cute."

Paco was already feeling weak. He could no longer scream for help or yell at them to stop. His voice was hoarse. Tears fell from his eyes as he felt numb to it all. The two boys kept giving him fresh new wounds until Paco laughed at the pain as if he was being tickled. Every time they called Paco a bitch, pussy, loser, or telling him to just kill himself he just laughed harder with a blank expression, smirking.

Eventually, they stopped, sensing that Paco was numb without any emotion and left him lying on the floor with wounds covered in dry blood all over. His shirt torn, exposing the deep cuts on his back spelling out "DEATH" with angel wings. Bruises all over his body. He couldn't move. The pain was there but he couldn't seem to feel it completely. All he did was laugh. When he could finally stand he noticed a big puddle of blood and Yelled, "WHY DIDN'T YOU KILL ME?!" "HUH?!" "IM DEAD ANYWAYS!"

***

"PACO!" Shake "PACO!" Shake "PACO WAKE UP, YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DREAM!"

Paco woke up sweating with his heart beating rapidly. He hadn't noticed that he was crying until he tasted his saline. It took him a few moments to snap back to reality but once he did, he realized Lena was looking at him with genuine concern in her eyes. Before Paco could speak, Lena beat him to it.

"Paco!" "What's wrong?!" "Do you need water to calm down?" Her deep-set of almond wide dark brown eyes were filled with worry making her appear different from the others who would just torture him.

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare," I reassured her.

"Are you sure you don't need water or something?" "Your hands are trembling." I hadn't noticed that until she brought it up and I saw that indeed they were.

"I wish ma could sing to me, but she left," I said, telling her the truth.

"What would she sing for you?"

" Can't Take My Eyes off You by Frankie Valli."

"I'll sing it to you then." "Lay down on the bed." She tried to guide me off the chair onto the bed but I stopped her.

"But-"

"It's fine Paco, trust me." She looked at me with a look that I knew better not to deny.

Paco just nods and does as he's told. He slides under the covers as Lena does the same. Lena massages his head and begins to sing to Paco. Her voice was as soothing as the waves at night. Soft and calm.

"You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off you
Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that is real
You're just too good to be true
I can't take my eyes off you"

And without long, Paco had fallen into a deep sleep with his last thoughts focused on the girl's soft voice that took the form of angels singing in harmony.

~~~

Fun fact: I had a nightmare similar to this, so usually I write about it. What's a better way to write about it than making it darker and include it in here. It is so early in the morning gn🙃

-Lila✨