Chapter Eleven: I Know You're Hiding Something

Layto - LITTLE POOR ME (song above)
...

I gasped for air when I snapped out of it. It felt like I was drowning. I looked around and realized I was still in the car. My head was pounding. Lena was driving and every few minutes she would look at me with concern shown in her eyes. Until she decided to speak.

"Paco, are you okay?" I just looked at her and laughed.

"Paco, What happened?" I dismissed her question and asked her something instead.

" "Nobody touches my Lena", sound familiar?" I looked up at her expecting an explanation. But instead, I got something to ponder about.

"So...you remembered that?" She looked nervous and shifted in her seat.

"I know you're hiding something from me, Lena." "Why were you there and how come I don't remember you?" "Tell me about my blocked memories."

"Look, I want to, but that's something you're gonna have to remember on your own." She said with a hint of sadness found in her tone.

"Why can't you just tell me?!" I slightly raised my voice in annoyance.

She looked back at the road and was silent for a while. I then noticed that she was crying silently as her teardrops caressed her cheeks. Around 15 minutes later she spoke up once more.

"Paco..." I slowly looked up at her once I heard her soft voice say my name and stared straight into her eyes.

"I may not be able to tell you, but I can help you remember." She chose her words carefully. Smart.

"How?" I sighed.

"What if I said that I could show you the places where all of your blocked memories are." "Including where everything started. Could you take it?" I gulped and looked away, staring out the window.

Could I take it?

~~~
Sigh* I wonder if he can. Anyways time will tell so until then ✌🏼💜

-Lila