Chapter One: A day awake

Control - Halsey (Song above)  play when*** is found

~Before trip~

    NO! I startled awake as my nightmare
that I had just woken up from replayed over and over. As I tried to calm myself down I notice that my hands were trembling. My breathing was heavy and my heartbeat was faster than normal. It was mutual since it ended with me laughing with a puddle of blood right in front of me.

  AsI I checked the time on the clock I noticed that I had woken up rather earlier than needed. 

The clock read 4:30 am. I concluded it was best to get ready for school now so I would have time for a walk. By the time I was about to grab a shirt to put on, my dad sprinted into my room and was hovering over me saying,
" Son, are you ok?"

  As he was examining me to see if I was ok, I had just nodded at him with my eyes full of emotionless pain.

Once he had calmed down he said, "Look míjo if it was just another nightmare I'm sorry you had to experience it in your sleep."

"But son, maybe it's time to let go of the past since it's gone."

"I mean it could've been worse...we'll both get through this. Just please stay focused on the present ok?"

***
As soon as he finished talking my jaw was clenched just as tightly as my fist were. I looked down at the floor, gradually looking up at my dad who I knew meant well. I couldn't help the slow threatening smile being placed upon my lips. My eyes had darkened with the need to feel and to see pain.

  The beast I had been attempting to restrain within its cage was threatening to come out. Luckily, I could easily feed it with a few sarcastic sentences laced within a web of a threat so low and so cold. It was almost daring.
"Hmm, "could've been worse" interesting choice of wording."

"Why pa, you couldn't be saying that me being who I am now isn't "Worse" as the outcome now, could you?

You looked at him with a daring gaze as he gulps stepping back as you move forward with every step he takes.

"Oh, why father, you look like you're crying." "Since there's not a reason for you crying, shall I give you one?"

I started to laugh as my eyes narrowed down at him with a hint of amusement.

"Shall I start with your tongue since you have poor taste in word choosing?"

"Or shall I make you feel the hellish daily routine I went through for years?"

"Maybe I should since then you'd think twice about it being nothing."

  He looked down at the floor wiping his eyes full of tears. Slowly but surely he looked up at me with pleading eyes of a frightened man who was a cub trapped within a lion's den saying,

"I'm sorry son I didn't mean it that way...please forgive me."

"I beg of you!!"

  I stared at him with no emotion and laughed. Without another word, I looked at his now full sobbing face that looked terrible yet mesmerizing at the same time and went to wash up before heading out for my now postponed walk. As I headed down the porch steps onto the even ground about to walk off with my backpack in hand, I felt my father's trembling hand on my right shoulder making me tense in one place.