[17] "Everything's Going To Be Okay, Honey."

▶︎▷▶︎ NOVA WEST ◁◀︎◁

IT'S BEEN A WEEK SINCE I discovered that I'm pregnant. Thankfully, Jake still doesn't know and I'm happy. I go in for my eight week ultrasound next week and I'm going to tell him with the sonogram picture and a box of chocolate. Damn, I hope it goes well when I tell him next week.

{Thursday, November 22, 2018}

{1:58 pm} Jace rides on Jake's back as we descend up the porch steps of the Parker house and Jake rings the doorbell. Moments later, Dezerae answers the door and smiles at us. "Hi," she greets. "Please, come in! Come in!" She steps aside and we step inside. The second I step over the threshold, I instantly trigger the scent of pine cones and pumpkins. "Do you know when Trent and Destiny are going to be here?" Dezerae asks as she glances at me. "Did they leave the same time as y'all?"

"They did," I answer. "But Annabelle had a diaper explosion, so they had to turn around and take care of that. They should be here in about ten minutes or so."

Dezerae nods. She takes the dish of Macaroni and Cheese from me and brings it into the kitchen. Jake puts Jace down and he runs off into the playroom. Jake sits down on the couch and pulls me down to sit in his lap.

~ ~ ~

{2:46 pm} "Everyone grab a plate and get what you want to eat," Dezerae replies, smiling at us.

We all get our plates and sit down at the table. We grab hands and say grace and then Dezerae replies, "Alright, I'm going to go around the table and I want everyone to say one thing they're thankful for."

After all the adults say what they're thankful for, the kids then say what they're thankful for.

"I thankful for Mama and Daddy and my whittle sissy," Matthew replies, grinning.

It becomes dead silent for a split second before I blurt out, "I'm thankful that my body is able to carry another human being inside me." I gasp suddenly and cover my mouth.

From beside me, Jake freezes completely for a couple seconds before he turns to me. "Wa-wait, wh-what?" he mumbles. He abruptly stands up, his chair toppling over behind him and landing on the ground with a loud 'thud', and I curse under my breath as I grab his arm. "Jake, baby, this isn't how I wanted you to find out. I had another way planned out to tell you." Grabbing my arm, he roughly throws it down and storms out of the room, the front door slamming shut loudly behind him.

I gasp softly as the tears unleash themselves and start pouring down my face, messing up my makeup. I take a couple deep breaths as I glance around at everyone at the table. It only takes me a couple seconds to realize they're all flabbergasted and shocked. I drop my tear stained face into my hands and start sobbing harder again.

{2:53 pm} Moments later, I feel someone wrap their arms around my shoulders and whisper in my ear, "It's ok, just give him some time." It only takes me seconds to realize it's Jake's stepmom, Aubrie.

Standing up, I wrap my arms around her waist and start sobbing harder into her chest. Aubrie soothingly rubs my back and I hear Dezerae and Destiny leave the kitchen with the kids. 'Well, him finding out went well. Note my sarcasm.'

◈◇◈ JAKE ALLOCCO ◇◈◇

{3:33 pm} Pulling into my mom's driveway, I remove my keys from the ignition and throw them onto the dash board. "Fuck!" I scream. "I'm only 25! I don't know if I'm ready for a kid, honestly! Ugh!" I harshly throw my head back against the head rest and groan softly when the impact leaves a slight tingling feeling behind. I squeeze my eyes shut and take a couple deep breaths.