Chapter 26

(Third person PoV)

"An invitation to a ball... Kaname-san always does things in such a proper manner... haha.. oh yes, guess what?.. I was surprised to see that an invitation came for you, as well, addressed to my place.."

"Takuma.."

Said a woman's voice glancing at him. His figure is the same as always but more mature. His green eyes glance at the female who laid down on the couch he was leaning on. And who wouldn't think that Takuma Ichijou was with another pureblood vampire, Sara Shirabuki, for a year?

"Well, it is Kaname we're talking about. No wonder he finds out.."

Sara smiles thinking what Takuma said was true. Kaname would find out even Takuma didn't tell him where he is right to Kaname. Sara chuckle and put the letter near her lips.

"It makes me wonder which one of us... truly having a dangerous idea.."

~Kuran's mansion~

Yuuki was working hard trying to walk properly like a lady. One book was on top of her head as she gently walked down the stairs. Mumbling to herself while counting but unexpectedly she trips a little. Before she could fall, she manage to land on the ground flawlessly.

"Heh, a flawless landing!"

Yuuki notices Miyuki and Kaname. They walked toward her with a smile. Miyuki is so ladylike than her. So that is why Miyuki didn't need to learn much about how to be a proper and elegant lady. Also, Yuuki did notice how romantic both of her siblings were. She even blushed when she saw Kaname wrap his arms around Miyuki's waist.

"Yuuki.. you're working hard on those exercises Ruka gave you..."

Said Kaname. Yuuki giggle and jump onto both of them, giving them tight hugs. They hugged her back. She loves both of them so much. It feels like home when Kaname is around too. Plus they look like her mother and father figure and she feels like the whole family is here. This is enough for her... for now.

"Hehe I don't get how to be so elegant like Onee-sama.. but I'm confident enough that I can at least avoid doing any blunders that might get people laughing at you or Onee-sama at the party.."

~Cross Academy (Chairman's office)~

"So.. since you were asked to memorize all the guests, you must know this but... Miyuki and Yuuki will attend the party, Zero."

Said Kaien, his glance toward Zero who is now clenching his fist. Zero didn't say anything in return. He remains silent. He knows that the sisters will attend since Kaname held the party. There will be a bunch of vampires will attend.

"One year ago... you claimed that you would kill them... but Zero... I believe that you wouldn't be the type to go as far as defiling the hunter association rules to throw yourself into this and carry out a hunt against pureblood without any reasons.."

"Yeah... you're right.. all I'm waiting for is just an excuse that will allow me to jump in and do the killing to the association rules.."

The air becomes silent again but this is not what Kaein wanted. The three of them are so precious to him. He sometimes wonders where is the smile and laughter that he used to hear when the sisters are around. Now everything becomes quiet and he's lonely, to be honest.

"If that's how it is.. when that time comes, I will firmly stand my ground between you and the sisters... regardless of whether my acts are right or not, Zero. Because the three of you are very dear to me.."