Chapter 31

(Third person PoV)
Unforgettable memories

A scene of her uncle, Rido holding a baby.. but the baby seems to be dead as it's covered in blood. Its blood slowly dripped inside the coffin where he stood. His evil face never fails to make Miyuki feel disgusted.

"It's such irony that this baby name 'Kaname'  like you..."

Using another vampire especially a baby to make a sacrifice is unforgivable. The hunger for more power that Rido wants to rule the world is out of words. Disgusting... Just to make an ancestor of the Kuran Clan awake... And control them but... In the end, Rido failed.

Another scene showed Miyuki's parents holding her 'real' brother. They look so happy. Rido came in looking happy. Juuri offers Rido if he wants to hold his nephew. Holding the baby in his arm and got himself wet because of the diaper. But the happy moment ends there... Rido takes the baby to change the diaper but deep inside, Haruka seems to know what Rido's intention is.

The ancestor Kaname looked at himself. He looks like a corpse. Rido slowly dying but the ancestor knows even if he kills him, he will come back to life in a few years. Even Rido's or the baby's blood won't satisfy his hunger... Looking at the poor baby, the ancestor changes himself into a baby...

Without blood, he will become a monster. That's why... it's better this way for him to become small. To stabilize himself despite his thirst for blood. Now he can only have the faith in the two couples and put his memories to sleep.

Years passed, new heir of Kuran was born. This time it was a daughter. Kaname stares into it. A beautiful and happy baby girl he had ever seen. Those tiny hands of hers trying to reach for him. Her name is Miyuki. So small and fragile that he's afraid that he might crush her.

He can't help it. Asking permission to hold her baby sister from his mother, she smiled. Gently she gave him the baby. Kaname can't help but stare. She is so beautiful. Her skin was white as the snow and her reddish eyes were brightest like the red moon.

Felt her tiny hand touch his cheek. He feels warm. He has decided. He wanted to protect this baby till he die... No matter how long it takes. No harm will ever lay upon her. His baby sister... No... His future bride-to-be.

(End of the memories)

All the memories since he becomes a baby come at once. This is all still mysterious to her. How come this beautiful and gentle vampire like him doing in this coffin? She looked down at Kaname. Her long hair almost covers Kaname's face.

"You were... that person who was asleep in this coffin, Kaname?..."

"Yes..." He replied after staring deep into her eyes.

"May I ask... Who you were? You never said anything about this until now... so why know? Why were you... sleeping... in here?"

Her heart was heavy and also curious to know who is this man but she didn't mind. He is still Kaname. Her only love and her only big brother. Her hand gently caressed his cheeks. He loves this man so much that it hurt her to see how he hold his pain alone for a century.

"I don't care who you truly are... The only Kaname for me... Are you... My sweet Kaname. So, please don't worry... It's okay to let it all out... Tell me everything..."

Slowly pushing her to sit up along with him. Kaname didn't say anything for a while. Staring into her eyes. For sure his head is full of questions and worries that she might abandon him but that is not what Miyuki thinks about him.

"...ask my blood..."

He's ready. He wants to show her how his journey begin till he ended up inside the coffin. Miyuki cups his face for a moment. Her finger caresses his cheeks once again. Slowly she moves forward toward his neck, letting her fang sink into his neck.