Chapter 24

(Third person PoV)

The underground corridor was a dead silence. Kaname's eyes still won't leave the figure of his lover. Her long hair that he loves to touch. Her beautiful face is like an angel that drives him insane. He gently lifted her chin. Making her look at him. Her sad face already breaks his heart as he hates to make her sad.

"I shouldn't have s-said that... I'm sorry.." whispered Miyuki.

"There's nothing for you to apologize for... although you forgot something important, which is the reason why I have to hold back..." The reddish eyes stare deeply into her. His hand that was cut off not long ago did heal but the loss of blood makes him starve. He show her the hand that she had healed for him.

"You're forgetting that... I am in a state of starvation... and I am a wounded vampire even though you did heal me, on top of that... if I forget my restraint and allow myself to lose control of the hunger... I might do terrible things to you, Miyuki... It terrifies me to not know what could happen when I'm like that.."

Her eyes didn't show any sign. No fear. Instead, she saw something else. The eyes tell him that he won't be alone and that she will always be there for him no matter what happens. Kaname let go of her a bit and keep observing her face till he decided to speak again.

"I'm not lying.. plus... I feel the same as you. I would hate it if lies were to build between us... so... I will tell you now... I'm the one who took Shizuka-san's life and her power. To protect you before I could protect you myself, I use as much as possible the closeness between you and Kiryu-kun... Also... I'm sorry we didn't come in from the front door... I wish I could've shown you through the front hall.. but too many troublesome are waiting for our arrival... and.. we're hiding because I... I killed the entire vampire council..."

Kaname explain what he did but Miyuki didn't seem to be surprised at all. No fear in her again. Like she understands him completely. Also, there are many reasons why sometimes she didn't ask why he doing all of these things. She trusts Kaname will all her heart and she knows that he does this for their happy life, Kuran's happy life. That's enough for her to know that.

"You don't even seem too surprised at all... Do you know why I'm talking about all of this now? It's because I wanted to ask you how you feel knowing it all... Miyuki... My hands are... far more tainted than you imagine... Could you stand the idea of living every day touched by someone as tainted as me?.."

All of those things he said. She feels his pain. No. She didn't care what his hand had done. The tears of sadness gently wet her cheeks. She's not sad about what he did, she is sad because Kaname had to bear all of this pain for years alone.

Oh, how she wishes she didn't lose her memories and stay by his side. Kaname notices it and back away. Looking away. He hates to see her cry because of what he did. So he calls Seiren again. Seiren arrived shortly as he try to walk away from Miyuki.

"Please show Miyuki her room so that she could rest.."

No. She doesn't want Kaname to misunderstand her. If Kaname leaves, he will bear all of this alone again. She didn't even feel disgusted with what he did. Before he could walk away. Miyuki throws herself and embraces Kaname from behind. The shocked embrace wasn't what Kaname expected.

"Miyu-" Kaname was about to say something but was cut off. She let go and clench his clothes. Looking at him directly in his eyes while saying this word to him.

"Even if you are tainted... I don't mind! Please taint me too, Kaname onii-sama... I love your hand.. tainted or not.. whatever you do must be a reason... I would never hate you for that... you bare it alone for so long.. let me bear the pain that you feel too.."