Practice With Feelings (KageHina)

(Hinata's POV)

"Kagayama~" Hinata yelled, barreling into his grumpy setter, who was staring at the vending machine like it had wronged him.

"Jesus Christ Hinata!" Kageyama hissed, wrapping his arms around Hinata, keeping them both from tumbling to the ground in a black heap. "Be careful dumbass!"

"Sorry!" Hinata giggled. "But I'm just so excited!"

"About what?"

"My family is going on vacation for a week! Meaning I get the house all to myself!" Hinata told his setter.

"Does that mean-"

"Yes!"

"Non-stop practice for a week!" they shouted together, drawing more than a few strange looks from their nearby peers, though neither of them really seemed to care as they smiled at each other, or as close to smiling as Kageyama got these days.

"I'll stop by my house tonight and pack a bag, then I'll come over when I'm done," Kageyama murmured, glaring at the people they passed by.

"It'll be like a training camp!" Hinata cried, bouncing around the people that were meandering through the halls to their classes, somehow managing to dodge them all.

"Just calm down dumbass," Kageyama hissed, walking Hinata to his desk.

Hinata pouted, but leapt up to hug Kageyama before he left, radiating excitement and happiness more than ever. "I'll see you later Bakeyama!"

"Whatever dumbass," Kageyama muttered, but without his usual snap.

Hinata knew Kageyama was just as excited as Hinata was about having the house to themselves so they could practice.

(Kageyama's POV)

Kageyama regretted his decision to practice with Hinata as soon as he was separated from the ginger. He'd agreed to spend a week with Hinata, and while he was excited for the practice, which is something Hinata needed urgently, there was a need that belonged solely to Kageyama, something he had been strangling as of late, something he wasn't sure he would be able to hold back anymore if he had to spend that much time around Hinata without a break.

Kageyama considered himself smart in volleyball, but he knew himself well enough to know that he was pretty simple-minded compared to other people off the court. He normally acted on whatever instincts took hold, but these were some instincts and urges that he didn't want to act on.

He was just getting past the insecurities of being on the Karasuno team, and he was even starting to feel like he was real friends with Hinata, despite the amount of dumbassery that the ginger radiated all the time.

Kageyama frowned, something about that thought bothered him, though he wasn't entirely sure why, which was becoming an all too familiar when he thought about his short spiker, who seemed to be forever present in his thoughts.

"-yama! Kageyama~" Hinata chirped, dragging Kageyama out of his thoughts.

"What the hell do you want dumbass?" Kageyama snapped.

"Are you ready to go home?"

"Uh? Oh, yeah," Kageyama said, trying to hide that fact that he had been too busy watching Hinata mouth move to understand the words that were coming out of his mouth.

"You seem . . . upset Baka, is everything okay?" Hinata asked, brows furrowed as he looked up at his setter.

"I'm perfectly fine you little shit," Kageyama yelled, snapping his hand out to grab Hinata's head.