Soulmate AU Teaser (Mainly KageHina)

Hinata glared down at the black cat following him around. It had been by his side since he was a child, and he was glad for the company usually, but today it had tripped him five times going up the stairs from weaving in between his legs as he walked, meowed so much during his English class that he had to pick it up and put it inside his hoodie for it to quiet down, and was now batting at his pant legs as he walked.

They were called Soul Animals. They appeared by your side when you needed them, and they showed you traits that your soulmate had. Their coloring and personalities were two of those traits, but the way they acted when you were alone with them was how your soulmate was supposedly going to act with you.

Hinata's cat was somehow emotionally constipated, but was very affectionate, in it's own way he supposed. It had taken a long time for the cat to trust Hinata, to let him touch it. It didn't do that with anyone else. If anyone else tried to touch the cat, it would hiss and scratch and fight, but when Hinata touched it, it almost melted, he supposed. The only other people that were able to touch Hinata's cat where his mother and his sister.

When your soulmate got close enough to you, the animals were supposed to bring you together, make you meet in the middle. The distance the animals were willing to go varied, but that didn't tend to have anything to do with your soulmate's personality.

"What is wrong with you today?" Hinata groaned, picking the cat up.

The cat yowled, trying to wriggle out of Hinata's arms, thrashing like it was in pain.

"I don't understand," Hinata whined, picking the cat up by the scruff of his neck, trying to avoid getting clawed to the point where he looked like he went through a meat-grinder.

The cat continued to yowl, until Hinata finally let him go.

As soon as it's paws hit the tile the cat took off running, weaving in between people.

"Where are you-" Hinata groaned, taking off after him. He had never really believed that the animals would bring your soulmate to you thing, but this was weird even for his cat.

He'd never given it a name, the cat, but he had always thought of it as his, though he knew that wasn't quite right.

"Hinata, where are you going?" Yamaguchi yelled.

"I don't know, I'm following the cat!" he yelled back, dashing in between two girls to keep an eye on the cat.

To be honest, Hinata had never really been a fan of the soulmate thing. His mother and father had been soulmates and his father had left, leaving her with two kids to raise on her own. He had always thought badly of them when he'd heard the story.

Today, apparently, was the day that Shouyou was being proven wrong about soulmates, about everything that he had been thinking.

(So this is just a teaser for a soulmate au that I made and I started writing. I also saw a photo about Kageyama being a cat and Hinata being a Pomeranian and I thought it was a good idea. Let me know whether you want this in a separate book or a series of small one-shots here. I suppose I could do both, but let me know what you think. I value your opinions if you would just let me in on them. Thanks for the 4.5k something views on this, I never thought I would get this many, so thank you my lovelies. Also, thank you for the 161 votes, those also mean a lot. I appreciate you my lovelies, so be safe out there, and I hope we can all go back to normal soon! I will be back again shortly my lovelies!)