16: Jacob

Isabella:

As we arrived back at Volterra, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I had stayed strong as Edward was killed and it hurts but I am not going to dwell on this. I am moving forward with my life. With Jasper. I look down at my phone and read my new text message.

Jacob: Hey Bells. Saw you today with the Volturi, what's going on with that? Why didn't you say goodbye? I miss you heaps Bells. I know Charlie does too.

Me: Hey Jake! Its a long story but a few months ago Edward attacked me and almost killed me and Jasper had to change me. Jasper and I are mates, and Jane came to us in Texas and told us we were requested with the Volturi so we accepted. I miss you too Wolf boy! We should catch up soon.

Jasper and I rush to our bedroom and collapse on the bed. I am so tired, yet I cannot sleep. "Who were you texting babe?" A southern accent asks.

"Jake," I mutter. "The Cullen's didn't tell them about my change so he had a shock today."

"I bet he did. Maybe you should spend a few days with him soon. See your dad too,'' Jasper whispers kissing my earlobe.

''You think I should spend time with Jacob? Isn't he too dangerous?"

"Bella I am not like Edward. I know you are strong enough to fend for yourself but if he were to hurt you I would make him go through so much pain," Jasper laughs. I feel a quick pang in my heart at the mention of Edward but I shake it off and laugh.

"I'm going to call him," I say dialing Jacobs number. He answers third ring.

"Hey Bells," Jacob answers.

"Hey Jake,'' I smile to myself.

"So you're a leech now?" He laughs.

"Yep. Be warned I may suck your blood," I laugh as well.

"Thanks for the warning. So what's happening?"

"Do you think it'll be possible for you to get to Italy?" I ask.

"Italy? Is that where you are?"

"Yes. I really want to see you."

"Sam should give me time off. I'll have to get back to you."

"Okay Jake. I'll talk later."

"Okay Bells. Love you."

"Love you too Jake. Bye." I hang up the phone and kiss Jasper's nose.

"He really is your bestfriend isn't he?" Jasper smiles at me.

"He is. Its so different actually being able to spend time with him," I say. "Can we go hunt?"

"Sure thing babe," Jasper pulls me onto his back and sprints with me giggling like a child. I am put on the ground before we enter the main hall. Aro is chatting with Cauis and Marcus is dazing our the window. Aro turns to us as we walk towards them, hand in hand.

"Hello Isabella and Jasper," he smiles. "Is there something you need?"

"We were wondering if we had permission to leave for a few hours to hunt!" Jasper asks.

"Why of course, I wouldn't say no to you two," Aro says in a high pitched voice. We thank him and leave. As soon as we leave the building I break into a sprint running straight for the forest at the back of the castle. I catch the scent of some deer and I chase the pack and leap into the weakest one, draining its blood hungrily. Jasper chuckles somewhere near me before springing on another beast.

We drink until we are full and head back to the Castle. I run up to our room to brush my teeth and check my phone. I wash all excess blood of my teeth.

Jacob: Bells, Sam is giving me tomorrow off so I am catching a plane first thing in the morning. Meet me at the airport at 9:30 and I am catching a plane home at 5. Cya then.

Me: Awesome Jake! I will be there and Jasper is letting us have the day to ourselves.

I turn to Jasper and his lips collide with mine. I run my hand through his ultra-soft hair as his hands fall onto my waist. Jaspers pointer finger hooks under the waist of my jeans, his soft fingers touching my hip bone. I moan slightly and Jasper uses this to deepen the kiss. I slide my hands to his shoulder then to his chest and he draws patterns in my waist. I feel breathless even though I don't need air so I break the kiss resting my forehead on Jaspers both panting softly.

"How was l able to resist you for so long?" He murmurs.

"I don't know," I whisper. I glance at the clock hanging on the wall and it reads 5:43am. Jaspers hand continues to draw patterns on my hip as we get lost in each others eye's, which sounds so cliché.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" Jasper asks. My heart skips a beat and I smile at him.

"Yes," I whisper.

"Well Isabella I love you."

+-+-+

I stand at the airport waiting, I tap my foot impatiently. Human transportation takes too long and I really want to see Jacob. A few minutes past and a large crowd flows out if one of the gates. I sniff deeply and catch a whiff of wolf. Jacob walks through the bag area before catching sight of me. I smile at him and he returns my smile. I ruin, at a human pace, towards him and through my self into his open arms.

"Oh god! I've missed you," I whisper into his ear.

"You too Bells,'' Jacob murmurs holding me tightly. He releases me as his face scrunches up. "God damn it Bella. You really do smell." I laugh my bell-like and shake my head.

"Says you," I pretend to hold my nose and screw my face up. "Let's get out of here.'' Jacob and I walk together out of the airport and I honestly cannot believe he came here for me. We climb into the car together and I drive to the forest. Luckily the sun is hidden behind the clouds, so I can be outside. Jake and I walk into the forest and sit on a log.

"So what's up with being a Leech?" Jacob asks. I explain to him the story and he listens, anger clear on his face. I tell him about Jasper and my trip to Texas, Edward and Tanya, the fight, changing, Jane coming to get us, Volterra, Victoria, Laurent and Irina, Denali's coming to Italy and Edwards death, which Jake already knew. "Wait so your telling me that Jasper is your mate, and Tanya and Edward are mates?"

"Yes," I say.

"Hmmph."

"What's wrong Jake?"

"Hmm I don't know. Maybe the fact that you were going to go to Texas for a couple of weeks with your boyfriends brother behind his back. Don't you think that's a bit wrong?"

"Jacob, Jasper was one of my friends. I am allowed to go out with my friends. And if it wasn't for Jasper I would be dead right now."

"You were playing two guys at once Bella."

"No I wasn't! Edward is- I mean was- the player. He was using me as a girl in the side. Jasper told me about Tanya."

"And you immediately went for Edwards brother. Bella that is so wrong."

"Jacob I can't choose who I am mates with! Like you cannot choose who you imprint on. It's destiny."

"Bella you aren't the same. You are pathetic. I am leaving before you try to get with me."

"Jacob plea-"

"No Bella. You aren't normal. You are just a pathetic leach."

I jump up and storm out of the forest at a human pace, in case there is anyone near by. I get far enough from Jacob that he can't hear my dry sobbing, but I hear that one word that gives me so much pain.

"Slut."