9: Gifts

-Isabella-

Days passed and the days turned into weeks. Weeks of being powerful, of drinking human blood, of gaining strength and learning how to kill. I finally figured out a flaw in my life, a flaw I couldn't believe I didn't realize before. Charlie. He thinks I'm in Texas with Alice, Rosalie and Jasper, but really I am in bloody Italy. I sprint into the main hall where Aro, Marcus and Cauis sit during the day. Aro smiles sweetly at me as I bow down to my leaders.

"Isabella how are you dear?" Aro asks, ever so sweetly.

"I am okay Aro, how are you?" I ask.

"I am fine," he smiles widely. "What brings you here?"

"I think there is a problem," I say.

"What is the problem Isabella?" Cauis asks from his throne.

"My father Charlie, who is a human, doesn't know about the Vampire world," I say. "And he thinks I am in Texas and will be returning home. Is it possible that there is anyway I would be able to stay in his life and he in mine?" Jasper is suddenly at my side and holding my hand. Because we are mates we hate being apart, so we go everywhere together.

"Hmmm..." Aro says. "Well I guess we could allow you to visit him, but you'll have to make up a lie." Aro knows that if I cannot see my father, I will leave.

"Thank-you Aro," I say smiling. "Do you think I could have time off to go and see him?"

"Of course Isabella dear. Just be back within two weeks," Aro says smiling back. I quickly turn and rush to my room with Jasper at my side. When I get to my room I rush around like a Tornado, leaving neatness in my wake instead of destruction. Jasper stands in the middle of the room smirking at me, that oh so sexy smirk. He reaches out and grabs me and pulls me close to him.

"Isabella honey, we have to ask Aro for some things," he says looking directly in my eyes.

"Like what?" I ask.

"Like contacts because we both can't walk into your dad's house with blood red eyes,'" he murmurs. "And when we get to Forks we will go hunting for Animals, so you aren't out of control thirst for his blood." Jasper kissed both of my cheeks before resting his chin on my head. I mentally sigh. Jasper is everything but I am kinda worried I will disappoint him somehow. There is a loud crash and our bedroom door flies open. Before I know it I am kneeling in a protective stance in front of Jasper and a blue bubble surrounds us. Jane's smile gets wider.

"Yay," she squeals. "Iz has finally discovered her power!" I get up from my position and touch the bubble, expecting it to pop. My finger runs along it, and it feels silky smooth.

"What is it?" I ask, confused.

"I believe that is a physical shield. Every vampire has a power but not everyone knows what their power is. You discovered your power by thinking your mate was in trouble," Jane says. "I wonder..." She trails off. Her eyes unfocus and she raises her hand slightly. A thick almost transparent fog comes from her hand and towards us. That's Jane's gift!! What the hell is she doing. I moved back towards Jasper and hugged him, preparing for the worse. I hear Jasper gasp and I look at him worried. But he has the biggest