23: A Different Kind Of Soul Mate

:Isabella:

I sprint as fast as I can, not caring if my family is still with me, towards Jacob. The closer I get, the stronger his scent grows. I push myself harder, faster not wanting to waste anytime. The vision I had burns in the back of my mind and curiosity burns inside me. Why could I see inside Jakes head? We sprint into a clearing where Jacob and the other wolves stand. I take my place beside Jacob and Jasper stands beside me leaving Rose and Em to stand beside Jake. Jasper and I link hands and I smile at Jake.

"What are you doing here?" Jake asks, fear in his eyes.

"I knew you needed me," I whisper turning to the wolves. "What is your problem Sam?"

"My problem is that Jacob has betrayed our family. He has betrayed his brother and sisters and the Quilette name."

"Jacob did what he had to do in order to restore peace among Vampire and Werewolves. Jacob is creating his own destiny and doesn't have to live by your rules any longer."

"Rules are made Isabella to keep peace. We do not make rules to have them broken. We make rules so they will be followed and it will eliminate future problems like the delemour we are having right now."

"No one has to follow your rules Sam. You may be the pack alpha but that doesn't mean you're in charge of their lives. Jacob broke free because he wants to be where he deserves. And if that makes him a bloodsucker then you should love him enough to support his decision, not fight him because of it."

"You do not understand Isabella," Billy cuts in. "The Quilette Tribe has lived for millions of years in order to protect the humans from the cold ones. Having our future alpha become a cold one is probably the worse thing that could happen. It would be like if Charlie wanted to become a Vampire. You wouldn't be happy with that decision."

"That's where you're wrong Billy. Jacob wasn't forced into becoming a vampire like Jasper or Rosalie, he had the choice, and he made that choice. You need to learn to live with his choices, or else you will lose your son for good. Billy, I've known you my whole life and you are basically family, and I know that by not forgiving Jacob you're making a mistake you will never be able to fix. At least if you accept the fact that he is a vampire you will be able to have him in your life and you will be able to have your son. I cannot live with my gather as the risk is so high. As much as I would love to, I cannot tell Charlie about the vampire world. You do not want to lose your son as your son doesn't want to lose you. Billy, you don't realize how lucky you are to be able to see your son in his true form. Whereas I cannot let Charlie see me like this. As I am. As a vampire." My voice breaks off, and Jasper sends me waves of calmness and love.

"Dad, I know that I don't say this much and I haven't said this since mums funeral. But I love you. You were always there for me, and you never expected anything back. I just want you to know that if you don't want to associate with me anymore I understand, but I need you to know that you will always be the best father I could wish for," Jacob says turning away.

I turn away with Jacob wrapping my free arm around him and I squeeze his shoulders supportivingly. (A/N I don't think that's a word but rightio) I hear a sigh from behind us and the turning of wheels. "Jake stop," Billy says. We turn to face Billy who is wheeling himself towards us. "I hate it that you've become a cold one. But I would rather you be a cold one than dead." The father and son embrace eachother. Fire and Ice.

+-+-+

On the run back to The Cullen's, Jacob asks me how I knew he needed and I told him about the vision, how I saw it through his eyes. I didn't understand it as much as anyone else did. But I will have to ask Carlisle about it when we get to their home. We slow to a jog as we head up the long driveway. I was surprised to smell the Denali's. Carmen, Eleazar, Irina and Kate run out to greet is. Carmen takes one look at Jacob, Jasper and I before smiling brightly. "Hello Jasper, Bella, Jacob." We all murmer our hellos. I remember something that Edward fold me a long time ago, when we were together. Carmen has a gift, but it is very different to our gifts. She can tell who is mates with who.

"Carmen can I ask you something?" I ask as soon as we are all seated on the lounge room. Esme and Amelia went out to hunt, so we haven't been able to talk to her properly.

"Of course my dear."

"When Jacob needed my help today, somehow I was able to see inside his head and see what he was seeing. How is that possible?"

"Ahh yes. I thought I felt something when I saw you two," she points to Jake and I, "I believe it has something to do with Amicus verus amor."

"What is that?"

"It is Latin for True Friend Love. You and Jacob are soul mates. But not in the same way as you and Jasper or Emmett and Rosalie. You two have an unbreakable bond. A true friendship. A true love." I gape at her, stealing a glance at Jacob.

"Wow. Is that even possible?"

"It is extremely rare, yes. But impossible, no."

At that moment Amelia and Esme walk in, their eyes glowing bright gold. Jacobs and Amelia's gaze meet and it feel like all time stops. Jacob has a look in his eye I haven't seen before. Like a blind man seeing the sun for the very first time.

A/N
Sorry this chapter is so short. I am going to write you another chapter tomorrow hopefully! <3
Trying to finish this story soon.

Love you
Nicole
Xoox