24: Return of Maria

-Jacob-

My eyes meet with Jaspers sister, Amelia, and my unfrozen heart almost beats again. I realise why it never worked with anyone else and why I wanted Bella to chose Jasper not me. In the .7 that our eyes meet my whole universe changes. It is no longer gravily holding me down onto the Earth, it is her. it is Amelia. Bella gasps slightly, knowing how I feel. "Crap," she whispers. I hear Jasper ask what is wrong, but I am too absorbed in this women to even care. "They're mates." This causes me to break eye contact and turn to Bella.

"What?" I say, running my fingers through my hair.

"You and Amelia are mates," she whispers. "There must still be a Wolf inside you somewhere, because I think you have imprinted on her." I gasp, knowing that she is telling the truth.

"Imprint?" Amelia asks. Her voice is like crystals, it is perfection.

"Before I was changed into a Vampire, I was a werewolf. I was a shapeshifter, but I wasn't a child of the moon, as i could phase during the day. When a werewolf imprints it's not like love at first sight, really. It is more like... gravity moves... suddenly. It;'s not the earth holding you here any more, she does... You become what ever she needs, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend," I expain.

"Oh." Jasper takes a step towards his sister and softly places his palms on her shoulders looking into her eyes,

"I know this is alot to take in Amelia, but this is very important. I know how you feel about Jacob, and I know how Imprints feel. I don't know how, but someone Jacob has imprinted on you," Jasper says in a soft voice. Amelia looks up at him with her golden eyes.

"What happened to you?" she asks.

"I met a women, Maria-" Jasper stops when Amelia gasps.

"Like Maria, Nettie and Lucy?" she cuts over him.

"Yes," Jasper says. "Do you know her?"

"You could say that," Amelia whispers. "She created me."

"WHAT?" Jasper shouts.

"She created an army of newborns to find her ex-mate," Amelia whispers.

"Did she say who?"

"You."

-Isabella-

My breath catches in my throat as i subconciously pull out my phone.

Isabella Swanknow who you areYou are not safewill find you and will kill youJasper will be mine and you shall be deadhave eyes and ears everywheream going to get you Isabella!

I gasp, realising who sent the message. "Do you still work for her?" I ask.

"She thinks I still do," Amelia admits. "But I do not plan on going back to her." Her eyes flash to Jacob, who has stayed silent through this discussion. 

"Why does she want Jasper?" Carlisle asks.

"She thinks he is still her mate. She wants him back to overthrow the Volturi. She wanted me for my gifts," Amelia says.

"What are your gifts?" I ask.

"I can change my appearance and I can have children. She has been training me harshly, and I can now change other vampires appearances and make it possible for them to have children. The children will be half-breed until they turn 17 years where they will become full vampires with the exception that they can eat Human food," Amelia explains. Jasper and my eyes meet and the same thought gos through our minds.

We could have a family. 

"There is one problem," Jacob finally says. "Jasper, Isabella and I are apart of the Volturi." I nod.

"Amelia would have to join in order to stay with us. At least until Maria has been dealt with. It will be too risky if she isn't in our watch. Amelia may try to use her to get to us," 

"She should stay with us," Jacob says. "Within the walls of the Volterra, she will not be touched." I can hear the protective side in Jacobs voice. 

"I agree," Jasper says, finally going back to me. He wraps his hands around my from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"What do you think Amelia?" I ask.

"I really don't mind."

+-+-+

It's been a week since Amelia agreed to travel back to Volterra with with us. Alice has been getting visions of Maria coming for us, but she hasn't set a date. She is toying with us.

I can feel something in the air. Something is about to happen. She is going to attack soon.

Jasper, Jake, Amelia and I went out to hunt, so we can go visit my father. We were racing through the trees when I caught a sweet scent. "Woah," I say, causing the others to stop. "Amelia is this hers?" Amelia goes to me and takes a deep breath through her nose. 

"That's her." I curse and dial Alice's number.

"Alice, she is here. Follow our scent through the forrest. Hurry!" I say quickly. I hear the rush of wind and they are on their way.

"Jasper Whitlock! What a surpise," a female voice says from nearby. I turn my head, grasping Jacobs hand. "Ah and Isabella Whitlock. How cute! A couple! Well I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I cannot allow Isabella to live."

"Maria, if you dare lay a hand on my mate or my family, I swear I will kill you," Jasper growls. 

"I always found you protectiveness a turn on," she drawls. "But now it is just offensive. Why would you want her, when you could have me? I am so much better than she is. I could give you more." A women, who looks no older than 19 steps out of the shadows. Her black hair falls over he face in natural curls. Her eye are a milky red, and I know that she has recently drunk human blood.

"I do not want you Maria, I only want Isabella," jasper says squeezing my hand. The rest of the Cullen family rushes to use and takes our flank. "Now I request you leave before someone gets hurt." The Denali's run to us, as do the werewolf pack. Its a good 30 to 1. But as I think that a whole army of about 50 vampires step forward, towards Maria. 

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that Jasper Whitlock."

"Why?"

"Because now I have to kill you all."

Author Note:

Uh oh.. I think the Cullens are in a bit of trouble. 
What do you think about Maria's return?
This chapter is over 1000 words!! YAY!