4: The Discovery

-Bella-

Finally, after hours of driving, we arrive in Texas. Jasper cannot stop smiling when we pull up at a huge house. It looks a lot like the Cullen's house in Forks, but it is a little smaller. A man with short blond hair runs our and practically throws Jasper out of the car. A women follows him slower, her hair is short and brown. The man, who I presume is Peter, grabs Jasper in a head lock and gives they begin to wrestle. I, with much difficulty, managed to get out of Jaspers monster truck, without falling or hurting myself. I stand beside the women, watching the two boys wrestle.

"It's very nice to meet you Bella, my name is Charlotte, and that silly boy is Peter," she says smiling at me.

"It's nice to meet you to," I say, returning the smile. "Thank-you for letting me stay over."

"My pleasure Bella. You don't seem to be like that psycho fortune teller," Charlotte wrinkles her nose.

"I am nothing like Alice, we are basically opposites," I frown.

"I despise Alice for everything she has done. Taking Jazz away from us,  lying about them being mates, being selfish and over excited. She is a strange one, like her brother Edward," I automatically tense at his name.

"Charlotte don't talk about him please. He and Isabella just broke up so please don't mention him," Jasper says suddenly at my side.

"Oooh. Did Bella find about Strawberry barbie?" Charlotte says, giving me sympathetic smile.

"Yes she did. And Alice found her mate," Jasper says.

"Whoop-di-doo! Poor man! He will have so much shit and drama to deal with, it won't be funny. I am glad you got out of that hole when you did Jazz," Peter says finally. "Nice to meet you Bella, I have heard heaps about you! The name is Peter, at your service," he says bowing and kissing her hand. My cheeks flush red.

"Nice to meet you too," I say, trying to get my blush under control.

"Come on Peter, leave the poor human alone," Charlotte says laughing.

"She isn't a poor human, she has been through a lot Char. Especially with him," Jasper comes to my rescue, like I am a Damsel in Distress and he is a night in shining armor.

A few hours later, I find myself eating pizza in the lounge room whilst Jasper, Charlotte and Peter catch up. I am amazed how they let a complete stranger into their home, yet they wouldn't let Alice. I know that Alice had found her true mate and he had found his, but I still can't put my finger on the feeling that something strange is happening. I am pulled out of my thoughts when Peter jumps up and claps super loud, causing me to jump.

"Oops! Sorry Bells," he laughs cheekily. "But I think we should play a game." His eyes are bright and alert. I gulp, nervous about what games Peter are thinking of.

"Don't worry Isabella," Jasper says noticing my nervousness, "I won't let him hurt you."

-Jasper-

Peter jumps up and claps loudly. I hold in a chuckle when Bella jumps. "Oops! Sorry Bells," he laughs. Poor Bella! "But I think we should play a game." I almost groan. Oh god! Here we go again! Bella gulps and I can tell she is nervous.

"Don't worry Isabella," I say quietly to her alone. "I won't let him hurt you." Her eyes stare into mine, and I suddenly can't move. My while world stops spinning and I am absorbed in this moment. Bella's chocolate brown eyes, search into mine, looking for something as my gold eyes search into hers. At that exact moment I realize why it hadn't worked with Alice or with Maria. I realize why I feel so connected to Bella. I realize why she didn't work with Edward. It is meant to be, her and I, we are Mates! Someone clears their throats and I turn to see Peter watching me with a raised eye brow. "Talk later," I murmur, too quiet and fast for Bella to hear me.