5: Scars

-Bella-

I stand there and watch Jasper as he waits for me to tell my story. I'm not sure if I am ready to go back to those memories, but I know he deserves to know. I slowly raise my sleeves of my long sleeved too to reveal that my wrists are covered with scars. Jasper let's out a gasp. I raise my hadn't to silent him before turning a way from him and pulling the shirt over my head. I know he is looking at my back which is covered in scars and scratches. I pull my shirt back on before turning. Jaspers face is filled with shock and I sigh.

"Not all these scars on my wrists are created by me. They are created by the same person who created the ones on my back. When I first learnt that you and your family were vampires, I was more than shocked. You know about my 'perfect' love life with Edward and how much I had loved him. But unfortunately there is a dark side to our story," I begin. "When Edward and your family left me I was beyond depressed. I would have nightmares and I wouldn't eat. I craved danger because I saw 'Edward' although it was only my imagination. But one night, I decided it'd be fun to go for a midnight walk. Because everything is better at midnight. So I silently went down the stairs and out the front door. I walked to the edge of the forest and looked at the moon. It was a full moon that night so I could clearly see inside the Forest.

" I walked through the forest and didn't stop. I enjoyed being outside at night, I enjoyed being one with nature. But I couldn't stop hearing the crunching of footsteps and deep breaths from around me. But I wasn't freaked out, because I thought I was imagining it. But I wasn't," I pause and pull one of Jasper's hands into my own. I started to play with his fingers whilst continuing. "I was grabbed and pulled down to the ground,  where something kept touching me... Not inappropriately... And hitting me. I screamed, but they were cut off when my mouth was covered with a rag. Someone kept scratching me and punching me," a rogue tear streamed down my face and I let it.

"Finally the scratching was over and I could get a look at my attacker... It was the one person I had ever loved... Edward. He looked at me like he had just seen a ghost but it was far worse. 'What the fuck are you doing here?' He had screamed. 'I was taking a walk. Sorry but i didn't think that would be dangerous until you attacked me,' I yelled back. I was in pain all over and I couldn't stop the tears that were streaming down my face. But of course Edward was stubborn and he wouldn't accept he hurt me. 'You promised you wouldn't do anything stupid Bella,' he screamed. I could tell he was pissed off to the max. 'And you promised it would be like you never existed Edward! We both broke promised and I was safe until you attacked me,' I screamed back. Edward rushed to me at Vampire speed and held me up against a tree by my throat. I was gasping for air and he was squeezing tighter.

"He finally stopped squeezing and dropped me onto the ground where I fell and was trying to catch my breathe. I looked up to see Edward watching me with a pain stricken expression. He apologized over and over but I haven't forgiven him. And I never will. But that doesn't mean I don't want to become one of you," I finally look at Jaspers face. He looks furious but sympathetic. I sigh. "But I know that the chances of me becoming one of you are slim. But that's how I got my scars," I wipe my red eyes, from where tears had been streaming down my face. Jasper shouldn't care. No one cared. Jasper pulled me forward into a soft sweet embrace and let me cry into his chest.

"Shh Isabella. It will be okay. Don't worry, I will never let anyone hurt you ever again," he coos in my ear. I smile slightly and a feeling of safeness washes over me.

"I'm sorry for being such a mess Jasper," I whisper into his chest.

"Isabella never apologize for things that aren't you fault. Ever. If you didn't need me right now, I would be on my way to Forks to kill Edward," he growls. I almost laugh at that.