Chapter 1

"Boom Clap" was what I heard and I knew I had a text from Grant. My favorite love song was his ring tone and I loved it. Grant lives six hours away from me. It is long distance but it works. I glanced up from the Algebra homework.

"Hey excited for Tuesday" he wrote.

He was coming next Tuesday for a major Stock Show. He was bringing his best three heifers and I picked out my best three. We were fitting clipping 10 head counting our siblings cattle. He has one brother and I have 1 brother and 1 sister.

I wrote back "Yeah me 2 how are cattle looking"

It was going to be a lot of work washing, blow drying, and clipping 10 head. Grant and my brother were helping me. My sister is in 7th grade and she didn't want to miss her math test so she isn't helping us with all of the prep for this major show.

"Everything is looking great" he replied

Boom Clap started playing again, there was an impending FaceTime call coming in.

It was Grant and I answered it. I have longed to see his face. I haven't seen him in person since October when The another livestock show
came around.

"Hey," he said with his huge smile on his face.

"Hi miss you," I replied

"Miss you too, it is really boring here,"

"Same here, just finishing Algebra homework," I lied

I didn't like lying to him but he was just that thoughtful boyfriend who left me alone while I was doing homework.

"I have a surprise for you Becca."

"Really how sweet," I smiled

"But you can only open it when I get here, I put it in the mail this morning on my way to school."

I nodded and cracked a smile

" I mean it no peaking," he said very seriously and let out a smile.

We talked for about 20 minutes longer about life, cattle, The Stock Show and school. He was a senior and I am a junior . I checked the time it was 9:37 it was almost 11:00 were he lived. Time changes sucked the life out of me.

"Goodbye, I love you," I whispered because my sister and parents were in bed.

"See you Tuesday. I love you too, and I mean it don't open the package until I get there," he chimed.

I pushed the off button and continued to finish my homework. Two math assignments and an English assignment was what I had to finish.

It was 11o'clock by the time I was in my bed. I wanted to hug and kiss Grant so bad but that would have to wait until Tuesday.