Chapter 19

After five hours of surgery, Grant was out and in recovery. My stomach unknotted slightly when Alexa came and told me.

Then I asked her, "What about a live liver donation?"

"Excuse me?" Alexa questioned.

"Could a live liver donation work for Grant?" I repeated.

"Ummm I don't exactly know. I mean it could but I would have to ask Dr. Wright. I know that Grant is on the transplant list but he's pretty far down the list. That all I really know."
She went on.

Alexa then left to check on other patients. I texted Melinda, telling her that I was leaving so I could pack for stock show. I didn't want to leave Grant but I knew I had to. We left on Wednesday for Buckner. Before I left I scribbled Grant a note just in case he woke up.

I waked out to my gray Impala. I threw my phone in the back seat and drove the twenty-five miles back home. I gripped the steering wheel hard to keep the tears from bubbling over.

When I got home, everyone was out. My brother was on a date with his girlfriend Peggy and my sister was at volleyball game with the parents. I walked down the steps to my room. I passed out on my bed when something caught my eye. I rolled off my bed and over to my closet. The package Grant had sent me. I wanted to open the package so bad, but I remembered the pack that I had made with Grant. I picked it up and exploded into tears. His scribbled handwriting on package; little things I never noticed. He drew a heart in the corner with G+B in the center. I took the package and curled up on my bed.

I must have fallen asleep for a few hours because I heard a knock at my door.

"Well look who made it back," Leon snipped.

"Shut up," I joked throwing a pillow at him.

"How's Grant," he asked.

"Honestly, I don't know. I mean he had to have an emergency surgery tonight because of ripped internal stitch. He woke up from his last surgery this morning," I mumbled.

"Slow down, Becca. He sounds like he's been better but I why aren't you at the hospital right now?" he questioned me.

"I need to pack for the stock show and the trailer needs packed," I went on.

"I can pack the trailer and all of the cattle are clipped. As for packing your bag that will take only about a hour," he added. "You need to go back. Your boyfriend that you only see about every four months is in the hospital."

"Yeah I guess I'll go back tomorrow. I just need to be home for a few hours and do some homework," I mumbled.

"Ok but you better be gone by tomorrow at 10," Leon said.

"Fine," I smirked.

"Good night Becca," he whispered.

"Good night Leon," I whispered back.

I dozed off into a deep slumber.

A/N: A little brother and sister bonding. Hopefully Becca doesn't go into a mental breakdown. Grant? I don't even know about him anymore, he's a problem child.

Vote and comment please be active.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!! :)