Chapter 13

Becca's POV

I checked my appearance in the mirror that was in the bathroom. My dirty blonde curls were straight up in every direction. I pulled a brush out my duffle bag that my brother brought me. I grabbed a pony tail from a baggy. I couldn't hardly contain my hair, so I threw it back into a pony tail. I rummaged through my bag to find a pair of Under Armor sweatpants. My brother knew me way to well. I slid them on so my ass wouldn't be hanging half way out of the gown.

I also found my cinnamon and vanilla body spray. I squirted it on to try to mask the hospital smell. I wore this perfume all the time so I was hopping that maybe Grant could smell it and realize that I was here for him.

Grant's POV

I could smell it, the cinnamon and vanilla. Becca was here.

"Hi, Melinda," Becca whispered.

"Hi, Becca," Mom whispered back.

"I'll leave you two alone," she proclaimed.

I then felt someone run there fingers through my sandy blonde hair. Becca. She then preceded and kissed my forehead and both of my cheeks. Becca then grabbed my hand and laced her fingers through mine. I could feel the warmth from her generally cold hands.

"I love you Grant! I love you so so much!" she wept.

"Please if you can hear me, come out of this I know you can," she sniffled.

Becca sat there for at least another thirty minutes just holding my hand. Proclaiming her love to me. Every once in a while she would kiss my forehead or nose.

Becca's POV

I couldn't help from crying. He looked so peaceful but at the same time frazzled.

A large line of stitches went from his left eyebrow all the way to the top right side of his forehead. He had several other small stitches on his arms and one on his chin. His left leg and right arm had been set in a cast.

The nurse that was wearing the peach scrubs yesterday, walked in. Alexa was her name. I discovered earlier this morning.
"Becca the lab technicians are ready to draw blood and take you to the MRI."

"Okay," I bit my lip.

"I'll give you moment to wrap things up," She acknowledged, gesturing to Grant. Alexa then moved to the hallway.

"I'll be back in two hours top," I promised.

I then knelt down and kissed him on the lips. With so many cords connected to him, it was a struggle but it was all worth it. His eyes fluttered as if they were to open, but they didn't. I smiled because I knew after that kiss, that he was in there somewhere.

I walked out and met Alexa in the hallway.

I then texted Melinda "Had to leave to have blood drawn and a MRI. He fluttered his eyes for me which is good :)"