Chapter 21

I nestled my face into his neck. It smelled of hospital with a slight scent of Grant. He gave me a peck on the cheek. That sent a chill up my spine. It felt good to finally have him back.

"I'll leave you two alone," Melinda butted in.

She left with out saying another word.

I climbed onto the bed next to Grant and cuddled up to him. He flinched.

"Are you okay?" I asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine just a little sore," he whispered.

I looked around the room and noticed the package. I couldn't wait any longer today was the day that I suppose to open anyways.

"Be right back," I cooed.

I jumped off the bed and strolled over to the chair in the corner by the door. I picked up the package and sneakingly put behind my back. I quietly walked back over to the bed.

"Ta-da," I chimed pulling the package from behind my back.

"The package, I forgot all about it," he remembered. "Open it, I hope you love what's it in
side."

"I'm sure I will," I boasted.

I poked and prodded at it. Slowly I tore the top off. I didn't want to rip the little heart in the corner. Two things were inside, one was inside a box that usually holds jewelry and the other one was covered in bubble wrap. I dove for the one in bubble wrap first.

Slowly and carefully i untangled the bubble wrap. Grant looked over with a watchful and hopeful eye. Inside was a scrapbook that was made by a computer marking our first year together. I looked through it. Tears welled up. The cover was a photo of Grant and I kissing. I flipped through the rest of the book. There was photo after photo with a caption.

"I..I love it," I wept.

Tears slid down my cheek. Grant gave me a kiss and wiped away the tears.

"I thought you would. Mom helped me pick out pictures but I did the rest," he beamed.

I haven't smiled since all of this happened and it was great to see Grant smile to.

"Open up the next one," he chirped.

"Okay, but I don't know what could top this," I sighed.

I opened up the jewelry box. There was a heart necklace with a ruby in the center. I let out a little gasp.

"Turn the heart over," he coaxed.

I flipped it over and it was engraved.

We may be hundreds of miles apart but you'll always be in my heart.
G+B

I tried to choke down a heavy sob but I couldn't do it. It hurt to think that I almost lost him. I closed my eyes and let the tears run down my cheeks.

Grant rubbed circles on my back. I curled up him and rested my head on his chest. This time he didn't flinch. I laid their for a few minutes listening to his heart which seemed to relax me.

"Can you put the necklace on, please?" I begged.

"Of course," he whispered.

I lifted my hair off of my neck. He gently wrapped the necklace around my neck. He fumbled with the clasp because of his IVs. When he finally got the clasp, I turned around and kissed him.

We were interrupted by a knock at the door. Grant and I quickly pulled apart. I turned around and it was Jeff.

"The one time I forget my phone, I walk in on a make out session," he mumbled.

I let out a giggle.

"You saw one kiss," I chuckled.

"One to many," he groaned.

I reached over and gave Grant another kiss.

"Child in the room," Jeff grumbled.

He lurched out of the room shielding his eyes.

I rolled my eyes. He had cracked both of us up.

Grant checked the clock and snagged the TV remote and flipped it onto one of my favorite shows, Grey's Anatomy. I didn't care how he knew it was on, but he was a pretty amazing boyfriend.

I laid my head on his chest and snuggled up to his warm body. We're both relaxed and I couldn't have asked for a better day with him.

A/N

So I was able to write super fast today because the ideas kept on flowing. Hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter.

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!!!!!!