Chapter 1: A Louis Tomlinson Fanfic

Chapter One- A Louis Tomlinson Fanfic

Author's Note: Heyya! I'm Gretchen, this is my first and probably my only fanfic I have or will ever make. At the beginning, Louis isn't famous, fyi, and he won't show up until the end of the third chapter. I really hope you like it! Love you all! Mhaw!

-Gretchen

-------------------------------

Bella quietly shut the door. She tip-toed up the stairs, skipping the old creaky one, the eighth step up. She was almost there, she almost made it. Then she heard him. She heard the heavy breathing, the loud footsteps. He was drunk again, and probably drugged. He was stumbling up the steps, almost right behind her. Bella quickened her pace. She made it to the top step when she felt the tug. He was holding onto her old, torn, grey, shirt.

"Dad! Let Go!" she screamed. He tightened his grip.

"Never speak to me like that!" Her father screeched, slapping her hard across the face, leaving a red welt. That's when she ran. She sprinted to her room, while her dad switched his grip to her dark, knotted, wavy, brown hair. She continued to run, her hair ripping out of her head. She finally made it to the door. She opened it, quickly slipping in, and slamming the door behind her.

She spun around, and with a soft click, she locked her door, just as her father slammed his fists upon the door, creating new cracks just to the left of the old ones in her door. He pounded on the door for what felt like hours to Bella. Bella held her breath, wondering when he would give up. Would the door even hold up this time? She silently prayed that it would, knowing it would be the end of her if it didn't. Finally, after what felt like forever, he left.

Bella fell against the door, slowly sliding down, until she was collapsed at the bottom. Then, she just broke down and cried. "Would it ever stop?" she thought. But she already knew it wouldn't. She learned that even if he said it would, it wouldn't. She pressed her lips together in a tight line as she remembered his words last week,

Bella slipped into the house."Bella?" Bella heard her father say from what sounded like the kitchen. She flinched at the sound of her name. "Honey?" Bella stopped in her tracks. His voice sounded steady. Could he possibly have stopped?... Her father walked into the hallway, stopping only about six inches away from Bella. He stared deeply into her eyes. "Isabella, darling, I am so sorry. Forgive me. I've been a terrible father." He said, his eyes watery. "I promise I'll stop, okay?" He said slowly. And Bella believed him. She nodded and went into his arms, crying into his shirt. He rubbed her back in comfort, kissing her head and sighing.

She thought he was telling the truth. Or maybe she just wanted to believe it was true. After so many years of abuse, she would do almost anything to believe for a second that he'd stop drinking and using. She forced herself to believe it, even though she knew she was wrong. Maybe she just wanted it to be better. Maybe if she just tricked herself into believing it, it would actually come true.

It had been this way for years. Nine years to be exact. Nine years, four months, and fourteen days. Ever since that terrible day in June. Bella caught her mistake to late. She was already caught up in the memory.