Chapter 24: It's Just Surprise After Surprise...

Louis's POV:

Have you ever had a weird feeling that you dreamt something really important, but you can't remember it? Something life changing? Something that could mean the difference between life and death? That's what I felt like as soon as I woke up...

I felt Bell's body curled into me, tense up, upset. Then she shifted to the very edge of the wall, making as much space between us as possible without her falling off the bed. I felt the coldness of her absence on my chest, and an ache in my heart. An ache that filled my chest because I knew something was off. She was upset, and that made me upset, automatically. Why was she tense? Why did she shift away from me? What did I do? What was wrong? I looked at her, and she immediately looked away... Somehow I knew I must have done something wrong... Somehow, this was my fault...

But how? I'd been asleep... The only way she could possibly be angry with me was if I said something bad in my sleep...Wait.... I knew that I dreamed something important... I must have said something out loud..."Bells?" I asked. She didn't respond... Wow... I must have really dreamed something big... Why didn't she tell me what I dreamed?... "Bells?" I repeated, and I forced her to look into my eyes. I needed to know what was wrong. It was my job to set it right. Her eyes showed that she was clearly upset, but they softened as soon as she saw the worry in my eyes. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

Bells' eyebrows furrowed, as she thought of a way to tell me what was on her mind. "Do you remember your dream?" She asked, suddenly.

"No.... Why?..." I questioned. I knew it had something to do with my dream... But I was still confused as of what I had said that was so upsetting...

"No reason..." She hesitated, seeing if I would give up. I raised an eyebrow, showing that it wasn't a good enough explanation. "You were just...yelling in terror, and it frightened me...?" She ended her sentence, almost like she was asking if the explanation was good enough that time. I knew she was lying, but she didn't seem mad at me, and she wasn't telling me, she was stubborn like that. I was fighting a losing battle, so I decided not to worry about it... For the moment... I'd definitely ask later... I pulled Bells back against my chest, and I relaxed.

"Are you ready for the rest of the date?" I asked, and she smiled.

-------------In The Car-------------

Eliza's POV:

I let Lou wrap the blindfold around my head, and my vision went black. The dark scared me. I was afraid that when I could see again, everyone and everything I loved would be gone, especially Lou... But Lou held my hand the whole time, so it wasn't too bad... We drove. Lou kept trying to start conversations, but I responded with one or two words each time, if at all, and finally Lou gave up.

I thought about Lou's dream. If he dreamed about me having cancer, he must have known somewhere in his conscience, even if he didn't realize it... Google said so... I couldn't have him find out some other way than me, he'd probably never talk to me again if he did... How was I supposed to break it to him?...

I sniffed, sad at the thought of dying. Yes, I was scared of dying of cancer. But not why you may think... I wasn't scared of the pain of dying, or what would happen to me when I died. I was scared for Lou. I didn't know how he'd react... I was sad that he might decide to never move on, and kill himself like he almost did this week... I was scared that he'd decide that, somehow, me dying was his fault. That he'd go through life never forgiving himself. I couldn't break up with him, to spare him of seeing me die, because he might try to kill himself again... What was I to do?...

I felt Lou grip my hand, "Bell??!" He asked, scared. I must have scared him by my silence. I was never this quiet.

"Are we there yet?" I joked, and I heard him sigh with relief, I guess that he was happy I wasn't mad at him or anything...