Epilogue: Words.

A/N: To be clear: This chapter will absolutely suck. Like this book sucks, but this chapter will be the worst. And I apologize. Honestly, epilogues aren't my thing. I can't write them whatsoever. However, I absolutely love them. I always have to know how something ends up. And just knowing in my head for this story isn't good enough, I have to see it in writing. So I am writing this chapter for myself, so I can see it all summed up. And I apologize ahead of time for the oncoming suckyness.

-------------------------------------
---Two years later---
Eliza woke to her body being snatched up and pulled against someone's chest. She breathed in the soft scent that slowly overcame her... Harry. She nuzzled her face into his chest, and tried her hardest not to break down. "You were screaming, again, love." He whispered, his voice calming even though Eliza could hear the slight panic hidden behind the calmness. He was used to her screams in her sleep, but he could never stop worrying about it, nevertheless.

"I'm sorry, I'm.... It's four in the morning, I'm so sorry. I just-" She stopped talking, her whole body shaking as she started to sob to the point that she was dry heaving. Harry knew better than to ask about what nightmare it was this time. He knew the general idea of it, and he knew she'd tell him it once she calmed down. And so she did.

"He had just gotten home... and.. and... he then he was gone, Harry. He finally came back to me, and then they snatched him away" She whispered. "He was just pulling into our drive and got out and I saw him... I saw him...and then he was just gone... They just shot him..." Harry didn't ask who shot him, it didn't matter. It was always just a faceless person, a random figment of her imagination. So he just held her tighter. "What if it was real, Harry? With all the traveling and the random people who just hate the band, what if he got in a crash or someone hurt him? I can't do it alone. What if he dies and I'm left here, and I have to raise them on my own? I can't do it. I couldn't live without him, I'd become my father. I'd ruin our children, and I just can't do it. He can't die! He can't-" She broke down again, and Harry held her tight.

"Shh, shh. You know he's just fine. He's going to be home tomorrow, and it'll be just fine. He's perfect, love, he'll be here in perfect condition. And even if... you know... that happened... your children would be perfect, just like you. You would be the best mother to them because that's what Louis would want. You would carry on and would be nothing like your father because you care too much for your kids. You couldn't hurt them like your father did you. All the boys would help you, but you wouldn't need it, because you are perfect, and are a perfect mother.But it doesn't matter because he'll be just fine." Harry repeated for the sixth time that week. He didn't mind. No, really. He just couldn't imagine how horrid it had to be for Eliza. And he repeated himself again, even though it was useless, for the sixth time that week. "Did you tell Lou about your nightmares? Do you want to call him now just to calm yourself down and know that he's fine?" And for the sixth time that week, she answered,

"No, you know I couldn't, Haz. It would ruin his time out, if I told him. If I call him right now, he'll know something is wrong and leave right now. I don't want to ruin his time just because I'm being mental."

Harry sighed. Any time Louis had to go out of town and Eliza stayed home, this happened. She would have nightmares and wake up screaming and crying about how Louis had died. When Niall was spending the night once when Louis was gone and found out, all the boys decided to take turns spending the night and staying with her whenever Louis was gone. Harry rocked her back and forth, helping her fall asleep, and then laid her down in her bed, snuggling next to her as she always begged him when she thought about being left alone. However, as soon as he did, he hopped right back up. He needed to think. He walked towards the small crib to the right of Eliza's bed and picked up the child inside as quietly and carefully as possible. He walked softly to the rocker in the corner of the room and hummed quietly, deep in thought.
Fast asleep, Benjamin James Tomlinson wrapped his tiny fingers around Harry's pinky. He adored him.  Harry couldn't wait to be a father. He begged Quinn every day since the day they married about having children. Quinn said yes every time, but he still kept asking every single day until the day she told him she was pregnant. He came to see little "Benji" (as they called him to tease Eliza because she hated it so much at first. She liked the name now.) every moment he could, waiting for the day that he would have a child of his own. Eliza would never take Benjamin from his bed at night, afraid she might wake him. Especially after the first time Niall brought him to her after a nightmare and she just lost it even more...
Someone needed to tell Louis, Harry thought. He knew it wasn't his place but Louis needed to know. Especially with baby number two on the way. Baby number two, Harry thought. He was ecstatic about Eliza and Louis having a second child. Their due date was less than two weeks away from Quinn's due date. The two would grow up like siblings.
They were a family. There are groups of friends who act like family, and their are families who act as family. But they were different. Every week, there was a family get together with all the boys and their wives. They WERE a family. They saw each other constantly, went through everything together. And that's why Harry was at Louis's and Eliza's home at four in the morning. Because he was there for his family. He was just as close to Eliza as he was to his wife, Quinn.
Wife. He loved saying the word. He had a wife, a beautiful, brilliant, loving, perfect wife.
But his thoughts shifted quickly from his girl to the girl near him. Eliza had gone through too much. Someone needed to fix this. Someone needed to tell the man who could fix this.
-------------
The next day:
Eliza panicked while waiting for Louis to enter the driveway, her child napping. She remembered her dreams, and began crying, worried that they could become true. She paced herself across the room that Louis had built especially for her, her "1D shrine" as it was named from the days where everything was covered with One Direction. But while the room was still filled with frames upon frames of pictures, it was no longer focused on the boys. The room was filled with pictures of her family, of Quinn and Harry, Nichole and Niall, all of the boys with their wives. There were pictures of Eliza with her mum, and pictures of Eliza being a mum to her adorable Benji. But the pictures could not calm Eliza. Instead, as she stared at a picture of Louis, she cried harder. But she remembered what she needed to do. She needed to stop whining about not existent events. She needed to stop sobbing and look normal for when her husband came in through the door. He needed to not be able to tell that she had nightmares when he left. She only wanted him to be able to see her dreams coming true as he came back in one piece. So she wiped away her tears, and nervously played with her charm bracelet he had given her years ago. She walked to the front steps, waiting for her life to come home. Instead, she saw the familiar tinted windows of Harry's car. And for once, she was irritated. Not at Harry for coming to her home, but at the fact that it wasn't Louis. He had just left about an hour ago and must of forgotten something after spending the night. Eliza walked towards the car as the driver door opened.
"What did you forget, H-"
And from behind the door came Louis. Eliza took a second to understand that her husband was real and then ran straight to him. He was safe. He was home. She ran into his arms, and he was alive. She began to cry, so happy to see him.
"I wanted to surprise you when I showed up, so I stopped at Haz's house first so that you would think it was him driving up, and then SURPRISE-!IT WOULD BE ME!" Louis noticed Eliza's tears, and he hugged her tightly. "Darling, I haven't been gone that long. I mean, I'm glad that I was missed but there's no need to cry..." Eliza sobbed harder, but tried to shut herself up, wanting to hear the perfection in Louis's voice.
"Must be... my hormones... pregnant... and all..." Eliza said between sobs. Louis's eyes quickly turned concerned, carrying his wife inside. She never was like this with Benjamin. She was not this emotional. And while every pregnancy was different, Louis was sure that the pregnancy had nothing to do with the tears running down Eliza's face. He could fall by the hand touching Louis's face, as if she was assuring herself that he was in fact really there. And the other hand gripping his shirt like it was the only thing keeping her from falling off a cliff.
As he sat her down on the couch, Eliza kept one hand on him, while using the other to nervously play with the charm bracelet he had given her years ago. Louis ran his hand through his hair, frustrated. "I know that it's wrong to be upset with you for this. I know it is. But, with all my flaws, I am. I just don't understand it, love. We have been together through so many issues that we should be able to tell each other anything. So why, after years of trusting each other, after, as a wedding vow, promising that we would never hold back from each other due to all of the problems it caused us in the past, are you lying to me, saying that life is grand? Because I am so nervous right now about what is wrong that I feel like running away and never letting go of you at the same time. I am so scared-"
Eliza stared into Louis's eyes and kissed him gently. And the fear and frustration seeped out of Louis's body quickly.
Louis pulled back, wiping away Eliza's tears with his thumbs. "I- I have been scared to tell you because I know you'll promise something insane, like to never leave my side again. It's just that I've been having these nightmares whenever you leave of you never coming back, of- of you dying..." She whispered, and Louis began to laugh. Eliza frowned.
"It's just- I- I was waiting to hear something horrid, like you were dying or leaving me, and-"
"You dying in my dreams is horrid, you ass!" Eliza scrunched up her nose. Louis stopped laughing, knowing how little Eliza cursed.
"I am sorry. I never want to worry you, and I would say that I'd never leave again, but you already called that stupid. So, instead, you can always come with me. But when you can't, just call me, darling. I wished to hear your voice constantly, and no matter the time, I want to hear your concerns, your nightmares. Okay?"
Eliza smiled. There wasn't much to do to fix her nightmares. Life was unpredictable, Louis could very well for, as he came so close to in the past. But Eliza knew to take it slowly. She didn't need to fear what wasn't even reality yet. Instead, she realized, she needed to enjoy her husband in the present, and call him in the middle of the night, because their relationship was based on love and supporting each other no matter what. Because life was full of awful stories, more than Eliza cared to recognize. But with a hundred terrible realities surpassed, Eliza knew that her family could make it through anything. The ones closest to her would be okay, because they had each other.
And so, that night, before she slept a nightmare free night, Eliza wrapped her hand around her husband's waist, careful to not awaken the small baby boy fast asleep on his chest. "Lou?" She whispered quietly.
"Hm?"
"Thank you."
"For what, love?"
"For knowing how to save a life."

----------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hello lovelies! After what has probably been a year, I am finally back to finish this. I know that this is the worst ending, but I really just didn't know what to do. I worked on this chapter for forever and nothing came to me. And finally, this weekend, I was like "This is crap. They've waited too long, just make some terrible crap up." and so I did. I am so very sorry for its awfulness. But, this story is now complete! I will absolutely be doing some major editing very slowly because this story is awful, but it is finished! Tell me your thoughts on it! I really enjoyed writing this, and though I rarely updated timely, if ever, I am sad to see it end. You guys have been amazing, and if you actually waited this long to read the final chapter, you are perfection. I'm still going to be on wattpad, so if you have any questions or would just like to talk, I am always here! I am also thinking about starting a Harry A.U... What do y'all think? It'd be shorter and updated more often than this was, but I am nervous you would all hate it. Any thoughts? And on the same thought train, any amazing Harry fanfic that I should read? I love you all very much, and thank you for your kindness to me. I hope you enjoyed it even though it was rubbish!
xxx