Chapter 12: Heroes and Murderers at My Door

A/N: Hello! So sorry if this chapter sucks... At first it was my best chapter, but then my laptop messed up, and deleted everything I wrote. I have found that rewriting it proves very difficult. I guess that a duplicate can't beat the original... So, sorry if it stinks. I'm upset too... Hope you like it anyways!

Also, this is going to be a mixture of Bella's POV and third person. I hope it isn't to confusing... I will put ' ' around Bella's POV parts to make it easier. Hope it's good! xxx

-Gretchen

---------------------------------------------------------

'As soon as Lou left, I realized I had no shoes to match my dress. I sprinted to the mall, which luckily was just about a five minute walk away. I walk everywhere. I have a driver's license, but no car to drive, so I walk. It took forever to find a cute pair of shoes to match, but after 3 hours of searching, I found the perfect pair. They weren't my style at all, but they were cute and matched the dress. I ran home and got there around 3:00, so I hopped in the shower.

It was funny, how much your life can change just in the matter of weeks. I knew Lou for the total of eight weeks, only two months, and my whole world was spun around. I owed him everything... I thought about this as I got out of the shower, and got dressed, I pulled out my dress, and slipped it on. It was so pretty, and fit perfectly. The fact that Lou knew my size scared me for a second. What if he thought I was fat? Well, he obviously didn't, I guess, because otherwise he wouldn't be dating me, I guess. Maybe he actually did think I was pretty... I put on my shoes, and looked myself up and down. I didn't look that bad! In fact, if I just added  a little bit of makeup and did my hair, I might even look a bit pretty!' Bella thought...

Bella put on some mascara, and lightly put some eye shadow and eyeliner on. She shoved on chap stick, and moved on to hair. She put her hair in loose curls, making sure the fell right where she wanted them to on her shoulders. By the time she was satisfied, it was 5:30. Bella sat down on the couch and looked at her phone. She had two hours before her date. Bella opened her twitter app, and started tweeting her twitter friends.

Then, Bella heard the front door open. That was strange, her dad wasn't normally here today. She listened to the footsteps. Nope, definitely not her dad. Which left two things, a thief or murderer....

'Oh god... The other day I read how there was a murderer in town on the loose. Oh god!' Bella thought, quietly running over to her dresser and grabbing her pocket knife. She opened it, hiding behind her bed. Bella listened as the murderer walked up the steps. Some people say that in a life and death situation, you think of your loved ones. Bella, well, she was just angry...

'Really? Now of all times, too! He couldn't come two months earlier when I wanted to end my life... Nooo, he has to come just when my life is getting better. And I have a date tonight! And it's my birthday! How inconsiderate! He is going to kill me on my birthday, right before a date! He didn't even bother to ask if this is bad timing! Because it most certainly is! AND I might die! Or worse, he might kill me and in the mean time, ruin the dress. Oh, I hope Lou won't get upset. I only had the dress for a few hours, and it's already going to be ruined. Yep, Lou will totally get upset. If this murderer guy ruins my new dress, I'm going to come back and haunt him for the rest of his life.' Bella thought.

The murderer slowly opened the door. 'Don't scream, don't scream... How embarrassing that would be. To die screaming like a little girl... EMBARRASSING!!! Well at least I'll go down fighting... like my mother before me....EW! That sounded like it was from some cheesy movie. Get it together, Bella! Stop using stupid lines! And WHAT is taking this stupid murderer sooo long to open the door?! Oh no, just take your time. It's not like I'm just sitting here, waiting, or anything... Idiot!'

Finally, the murderer stepped into the room, and Bella flung across the room, attempting to stab the murderer before he stabbed her...The murderer grabbed her wrist, keeping her from plunging the knife into him.

Bella fought and screamed, not wanting to die without a fight. She couldn't die yet, she hadn't even gone on a date with Louis yet. They hadn't gone dancing together, yet. She hadn't gotten married, yet. Bella cried, fighting, thinking of all the things she hadn't done with Louis. She hadn't wrote him a love song. Or a love letter. Neither of them had gone on a trip, where the other called them every night, saying how much they missed each other. They hadn't gone to a movie together. They hadn't had a movie night, or a popcorn fight. She hadn't shown him that she could play the guitar. She hadn't gone to the beach with him. She hadn't met the rest of his family. She hadn't embarrassed him in front of his friends yet. She hadn't met his friends yet. She hadn't met Harry and told him all the funny stuff Lou did. She hadn't even had a first fight with Louis. She hadn't done so many little things, that earlier seemed so little, but now, were huge moments she wouldn't ever have with Louis. How inconsiderate of this murderer. Who was he to take away these moments from her?

 But Bella was getting tired. There was no way she could take this... this thing on much longer... 'I'm doomed to die. I- I'm going to die.' Bella thought, crying, and gave up fighting. She was going to die, and she accepted that. She wasn't scared of the dying itself, but of never seeing Louis again before she died. Never seeing his smirk after beating her at a game. Never seeing his terrible, but very cute, attempt at a puppy dog face. Never seeing him slouch, depressed, when Bella beat him in something. Never seeing his eyes light up when she walked up to him. Never hearing his laugh, or him calling her name when they played hide and seek in the park and he was it. Never feeling his hair bunched up in her hands, like when they kissed in the rain. Never smelling his breath when he put his face too close to hers, his breath always minty fresh, even when he first woke up. Never tasting his lips against hers as they kissed. Never feeling the butterflies in her stomach whenever he came near, or called her name. Never seeing, never hearing, never tasting, never feeling...Never again...  Never... The word replayed in her head as she thought of all the things she would never have again. All the things she would miss about Louis. Never.

Bella looked into the murderer's eyes, knowing that it would be the last face she saw. She gasped.

"Miss me, Bella?" He smirked....

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay, so I know that this chapter was REALLY REALLY short, but I really liked the cliff hanger, and had to stop there, because it was way too great to pass up. When I first wrote the chapter, it was better, but this was alright. I think it's my favorite chapter... I really hope you liked it! Please recommend it to others! xxx

-Gretchen

oops! And P.S., the dress Bella got from Louis is to the right, where it says 'MULTIMEDIA' xxx

It's supposed to be a bit different, to represent that Bella's style is different than the norm...