Chapter 25: Goodbye?

Lou's POV:

"I tried out for the X-Factor last summer, and I just got my acceptance letter..." I whispered.

She smiled, "I'll be back, worst timing, but I really have to pee. I'll be back to celebrate in a sec." She croaked, and practically sprinted to the bathroom, locking the door behind her. Shit. Me and my stupid mouth. Yeah. I got the place done so she could have a place while I was gone, but I decided that I wasn't going to the X-Factor after I found out she had cancer. I wasn't even going to tell her about it, but of course my fucking mouth had to say something. Shit, shit, shit.

I snuck up to the bathroom, quietly, and listened. Stop, Don't be like 'GROSS! You're listening to her pee???!!! That's disgusting Lou!' I knew she wasn't actually going to the bathroom. You could see that she was practically about to burst out crying as she sprinted from the room. I listened as she slid against the door, sobbing. Crap. I ran downstairs to grab the key to the locked door.

--------------------------------

Eliza's POV:

Hell, no. Oh god. I couldn't let the pain show, as I attempted to smile and ran to the bathroom. I spun around, locking it behind me, and rested my back against the door. I had cancer, and Louis was leaving.... I broke down sobbing. My knees wobbled, and I almost collapsed, sliding down the door, crumbling into a ball on the floor.

Don't get me wrong. I was sooo happy that Lou was following his dream. Its just.... I guess even through the moments where I thought that I'd have to leave Lou, I still had some small hope that he'd be by my side to help me fight through cancer. Now, reality finally hit me. He would need a life after I died, and if not having him by my side through my fight was the cost, well he would be going to the X-Factor.

I cried and cried, trying to get it all out so I wouldn't break down in front of Lou. Who am I kidding? I'll end up sobbing the moment I saw his handsome face. I heard a click in the door, and it slowly opened. I slid away from it, furiously trying to wipe away my tears, to no avail. They kept coming, and I knew Louis would see.

He stepped in quietly, and saw me sprawled across the ground. He fell to my side, and I looked away, trying to stop the tears. He held me tight, kissing my cheek. "You didn't let me finish, babe. I was saying that I made it so that you could remember me while I was away. But now, I'm not going away... I want to be here to help you fight. I'm not going anywhere, babe." I looked up at him, and cried even harder. He frowned, confused. I slapped myself, trying to stop crying. I was hysterical, sobbing. I slowed down, and looked at his face, his beautiful face...

"Darling, we both know you are going to the X-Factor. You have to follow your dream." I smiled, silent tears still rolling down my face. He frowned even more, wiping away my tears with his thumb, his rough skin against my soft cheeks, making me sigh.

"But-" he started.

"No buts. I am stubborn. Either you go to the X-Factor, or I'm breaking up with you." I cried, realizing that I had to follow through with that threat, otherwise he wouldn't go. "I know you want to be my side, if things get bad, darling, but the best way to help me? It's to be happy. Continue living. Follow your dream, live for me, show me that you will stay strong for me." I tried to smile.

"You're my dream." He said, and I glared at him. He had to understand. He had to keep going. I was trying hard to stay strong, but if he tried even once more to convince me to let him stay, I'd give in. I was stubborn, but Lou was my weakness. I looked at him, letting my shield down. I let off my strong face, and showed him how vulnerable I really was. He needed to know that I was about to break, and that to keep me together, he had to go. I had to know that he'd be alright. He frowned, nodding. "For you... I will go for you... But if it gets too bad, if I miss you too much, if your cancer gets worse, I have the right to quit." He said, giving in to my fragileness.