Chapter 44: Birds.

A/N: Wazzup, wazzup! really quickly, a flashback to chapter 11, it will come in handy later in the chapter...

"If you were an animal, what would you be?" Bella asked suddenly.

"I don't know... What would you be, first?"

"A bird. I'd be a wonderful bird. Birds just fly away from everything. It's too cold? I'll fly south. Too warm? North. Predator comes? Fly away. Any problem, you could just fly away from it... I've run away from every single problem I ever had. You, my mum dying, my father, school, everything... I'd be a perfect bird... Flying away from everything. They get to be free."

"I wouldn't want you to be a bird... flying away from me... I want you to be with me... forever... Birds may miss the cold, but they miss the snow as well. How it lightly would touch their wings... They may miss the predator, but they also miss the savior that was coming to stop it. They miss the happy moments as well as the ones that aren't so great. They're free, but they're free from everything. Not just free from commands and sadness, but from all emotion and happiness... They're free, yet they're chained." He whispered quietly.

She smiled softly. "What'd you be then?"

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird." Louis said simply, quoting The Notebook.

-----------------------

Louis's POV:

I ran into the house, ignoring the glares I was receiving from the boys who were angry that I left her in such a vulnerable state, and ran immediately to her hideout. She was nowhere in sight. "Shit." I whispered to myself, of course she would be in a bathroom, where she kept her razors. I wasted precious time coming to the wrong room.

Terror stiffened my body as I heard the ear-piercing scream come from the bathroom. "Please let her have stunned her toe, God. Let her be okay." My mind reeled with possibilities of her cutting too deep and dying, going to far and killing herself. Tears began to rush down my face at the thoughts as I opened the bathroom door. I came to a halt, sighing. She was okay, I told myself. Look at her, she is just sleeping peacefully on the floor. I smiled, and continued sobbing, now happy tears that she was alright. Just as my body relaxed, it quickly stiffened again at the sight of Eliza screaming in her sleep again. She began thrashing back and forth on the small bathroom carpet. I looked around for something, anything to make her feel better. Was I suppose to wake her? I thought hard, thinking for some reason that waking someone from a bad dream was bad for their health or something... Her screams became louder, and I hurriedly picked her up, holing her tight against my chest. Her screaming seized immediately and I looked to her, frightened. Why did she stop so suddenly? What did I do wrong? My sobs began again as I walked into the bedroom and I laid her down on the bed. My hands slipped to her stomach, letting me feel her body rise and fall, reminding me that she was alive and it's be okay. I removed my hands after a few minutes to check her cut, but as soon as I did, she began to thrash and scream again. What was happening? Why did this keep happening? I laid next to her, holding her tight.

"Sh, baby. I'm here, don't worry." Her screaming stopped immediately, but she continued thrashing. Her fingers thrashed at my chest, leaving deep nail marks, and I moaned in pain. I grabbed her hand, catching it before she scratched me again, and her thrashing subsided. I didn't know what was happening, maybe I should have woken her. I shifted to do so, but she rolled closer to me, finally looking peaceful. Harry came in, checking that everything was okay. I nodded to him and he took a picture of us and I glared at him to leave. Who takes a picture of us like this? I shook my head, going back to Bells.
I stared at her, crying again. Christ, I was such a mess. I felt like a little girl. I sniffed quietly, trying to stop to no avail. I looked around our room, looking at the pictures on the walls. I cried harder, remembering all the moments that like this. I kept letting this happen. But... But it always ended up okay. We always would end up okay, right? I kept crying, imagining what I'd be like without Bells. I felt her shift beside me and suddenly I felt a small warm hand on my cheek, wiping away my tears. I looked down to see a small smile and her perfect eyes looking up at me.

"Bells... I..." I didn't know what to say...

"I love you," she whispered under her breath. Like she was scare that after our fight that I wouldn't love her anymore... Oh, what did I do?