Chapter 9: Friends Forever

The cat immediately ran out of Bella's reach and into the arms of a tall boy with brown, messy hair.

"There you are, Molly." He said, cuddling the cat. His head looked up. "Where were yo-" He stopped in his sentence as his eyes met Bella's.

"Bella."

Bella was at a loss for words. She sat there, frozen.

Had she forgotten him already? Lou thought. Wow. He thought, well hoped, she might have remembered him. It had only been two weeks.... Louis heart ached. He was so depressed that she didn't remember..."Bella it's me. It's Lou, from the-"

Bella came to her senses. "LOUIIIIIIIIS!" she screamed, jumping up, and wiping her eyes. "Lou, I'm so sorry. I was so sc-" Bella started, only to be cut off by a bone crushing hug.

"Don't be sorry. It was stupid of me to make you go, and I'm so sorry. I-" Lou rambled on for what Bella was sure would have been hours if she hadn't cut him off.

"It wasn't your fault, Lou." Bella smiled, and hugged Lou back. She breathed in his scent and started to sob again. She had really missed him. Sure, she had only just met him, but he was the closest to family or a friend that Bella had.

"Wow, wow, wow, darlin'! What's the matter?" Louis asked. Bella's whole body shook with a bit of laughter directed at herself for being so pathetic, and tears. 

"I- I really missed you. It was hard." Bella said, and then blushed awkwardly. What the hell did she just say?! She just admited that she missed him after just meeting him. She sounded crazy.

"I really missed you too." Louis smiled, wiping away her tears, and sitting down.

Bella and Lou walked with Molly to an open patch of grass nearby and sat down. "So how have you been?" Lou asked.

"Better now. You?" Bella fake smiled, avoiding answering the actual question. She wasn't lying, she was better now that Louis was there, but she didn't want to tell him how bad her week had been.

Louis grinned and winked. "Oh, I've just been magnificent!" he said in a most polished voice. "Although I was afraid I might never see you again! How's the past two weeks really been treating you, darlin'?" He asked seriously.

Bella thought back to her cutting, her being beaten, and school. "It's been... um. just great, actually. I made a friend, this... uh... new girl, yeah! Oh, and I... um... the past two weeks treated me very well!" Bella lied. Evidently not convincingly enough.

Louis face flooded with concern. "They haven't..." he muttered. Bella looked into Lou's eyes, tears brimming over, and shook her head 'no'. Lou opened his arms, and Bella dove straight into them. Louis squeezed Bella tighter, his head resting on hers. He hated seeing her cry. It absolutely broke his heart.

Louis took Bella's hand in his. It was strange, how it seemed that the space between his fingers were filled perfectly by hers, how her hand fit in his like it was made just for him. His eyes trailed from her hand, down to her wrist. He bit his lip as he saw the new fresh cuts. They were probably done just a few days ago.

Bella's tears had subsided by now, and she traced Lou's stare back to her cuts. She immediately tried to cover it up with her sleeves but Louis stopped her. "You've been doing it again." He said sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Lou." Her voice cracked. "I-I just couldn't-" And she broke down into a fit of sobs. Lou felt so bad for making her cry again. It wasn't her fault her life was terrible. He picked Bella up, and sat her in his lap facing him, and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

Bella blushed, and hugged Lou, crying. Lou hugged her back, rocking her back and forth. "Sh...shh..... It's okay....your alright, darlin'...shhh...shh.... I'm not mad... You needed to take control of the pain, right? Stop letting others hurt you, and know that you at least were in charge of something?..." He murmured, holding her. She nodded in her tears. He understood. Bella's crying resided, and she watched as Lou pulled a sharpie out of his pocket and uncapped it.