Chapter 20: First Date

Eliza's POV:

I woke up from a kiss from Lou. How romantic, right? Except for that right as I started to kiss him back, a wave of nausea ran through me, so I sprinted to the bathroom, throwing up. Yeah, real romantic. At least Lou was understanding. He stood over me, holding my hair back, rubbing my back with his free hand, as I leaned over the toilet.

"It's okay, darlin'! You'll be alright!" He whispered, as I cried, leaning over the toilet. After a few minutes, the feeling of sickness went away, and I felt perfectly fine.

"Maybe we should stay home today..." He said, squeezing toothpaste onto my toothbrush as I washed out the disgusting taste of vomit out of my mouth.

"NO!" I shouted. "We are only going to be here for two weeks! I'm not wasting them being sick! I feel fine!"

Lou looked at me, for some reason looking very depressed. "Can we just spend the day together, watching Psych?" He asked, as if he really wanted to spend some time alone, not just because I was sick.

"Um, if you really want to, but there isn't any Psych episodes on today..." I said, feeling bad for him. "I have the Psych schedule like memorized..."

Lou laughed. "hmm...I have a better idea. I will take you out on your first real date." He said excitedly. Real date? We'd had plenty of dates! At the park.... Wait... actually, now that I think about it, the only real date we were going to have was rain checked because of Troy, and we still hadn't made it up. I'd never been on a real date, what even was one?...

"I'm taking you out on your first real date, I have to go set things up, you take someone to a mall to pick out a dress." He said, sprinting out of the room.

As it turned out, Eleanor was meeting an old friend for the day in a town near by, and Harry and Quinn were having a 'couple's day out'. So I was left with Sam to find a dress with...

I dragged him into Macy's. "What about this one?" He asked, pulling out a dress, white top and cheetah print bottom. I just stood there, in shock. How could one person have such terrible taste?

"You are going to try it on." He said firmly. I could tell there was no way out...

I was shoved into the dressing room, the ugly dress thrown in after me. I heard Sam lean against the door as I banged on it. "Just let me out, Sam! This dress is terrible!" I complained.

"Nope. Try it on first." I could practically hear his smirk.

I begged, but to no result. I tried on the dress, and Sam let me out to show him. It actually didn't look nearly as bad on me, but I still didn't want to have to buy it.

"You're getting it. You can wear it on my birthday, or something." He said, pulling me to the check out, and we payed. We walked out, looking for a dress store, when my phone rang.

I looked down. It was already 3:00 pm. Lou was calling.

"Hello?"

"Your date is ready, darlin'. Come to the hotel! Just wear whatever you bought, bye!" He said, excitedly.

"But the only thing I have is-" I started, but he'd already hung up. I glared at Sam, and he smiled innocently back, having heard Lou on the phone.

We started walking through the mall, looking for the closest exit.

"So....Eliza..... I hear you had quite the childhood... Will you ever tell me about your past? Or will I be that one friend that's always in the dark?" He asked. Oh hell, I wasn't ready for this. He caught me off guard. I'd gotten better at speaking about my past. I was actually really good at it now. But every once in a while, I just freaked.