Chapter 34: My '3' Requests to you both!!

Hello All!

Here is the next chapter! I will post the thank you note tomorrow. I have got blisters in my mouth and it is highly irritating me! :(

******************************************************************************

CHAPTER 34:

"Hello Christopher! Hi Aria!" Hunter said once he was allowed to meet them in the visiting room. Christopher had requested a few guards to be present around them. He never trusted Hunter. Yes, they were in the visiting room of the jail where Hunter was kept.

"It's Mrs. Christopher Brentt to you. Do you get that?"Christopher said in a firm tone while curling his arm around his wife protectively. His little act made her break into a small smile while Hunter caught a glimpse of the rings on their fingers.

"Oh! I didn't know that you were married. Many - many congratulations to both of you." Hunter said in a small tone with a week smile on his face. He lost weight and appeared defeated. He had continuously requested Daniel since a few months to meet Aria but Christopher kept avoiding it. And when Aria caught him red-handed trying to hide it, he had to tell her about it. And now, they were sitting right in front of Hunter at the round table. His hands were cuffed to one of the legs of the table while a guard was standing right next to him as per Christopher's request.

"Thank you Mr. Fox!" Aria said in a firm tone with a straight face.

"Hunter is fine." Hunter suggested but Aria nodded her head in 'no' and said "No, I am fine calling you Mr. Fox. Now, tell us what did you want to talk about?"

"First of all, I wanted to apologise for everything I did in the past and a few months back. I am really... Really very sorry Aria... I mean... Mrs. Brentt!" Hunter said in a tone that laced of guilt and shame while Christopher hunched a little towards him and said with gritted teeth, "Well, she doesn't need your sorry. So, stop this drama!!"

"It's not drama Christopher! I mean it..." Hunter tried to justify but was interrupted by Christopher who now scoffed and asked "And what makes you think that I will believe you?"

"Believe me or not, I am telling the truth. I mean it. I am really very sorry." Hunter said looking at Christopher who looked no less than an angry beast ready to rip off Hunter's head.

"What is she going to do with your sorry? I don't..." Christopher said while curling his fingers into fists but was interrupted by his wife while Hunter looked down feeling ashamed.

"Christopher! Let him speak! I want to hear what he wants to say." And before her husband would go mad in anger she justified her previous statement saying, "We are here to know what he wants to talk about. So, why prolong it? And I am not saying this because I am supporting his gestures or something. But yes if I don't let him speak for himself just like he did years back with me; then you tell me, what will be the difference between me and him?" Christopher knew what she said was the truth. Somewhere the wounds Hunter left were still fresh and with this pregnancy going on she has been remembering her last pregnancy.

"I just don't want you to be stressed honey." He said while cupping his wife's cheek with one hand while the other had was still curled around her shoulder.

"I know. And I promise to take care of my stress levels. Believe me Christopher." She said in a soft tone with a bright smile on her face while he simply her husband simply nodded his head in 'yes'.

He turned his head in Hunter's direction and said, "You were saying something?"

"Yes! I am really sorry for everything I have done; for the trouble I have caused you; for the pain you went through because of me. I am sorry! I am really sorry! Christopher is right. My sorry won't bring back the time or heal the wounds but I just wanted to tell you how sorry and how ashamed I am for treating you like that." Hunter said in a guilty tone while looking at Aria who was looking at him with a straight face with her husband's arm wrapped around her protectively.