Chapter 23: Tampered or True?

Hello All!

I will thank everyone in my next A/N: Thank you!

***************************************************************************

CHAPTER 23:

"My Lord! This is the video of Mr. Fox's and Ms. Amelia's engagement day." Victor held the packet in his hands. He raised his hand as if indicating that he has the proof to prove how Aria was responsible in slapping and humiliating Hunter in front of everyone.

"I would like to request your permission to play this on the video player right in front of everyone so even they could see how Ms. Ferguson humiliated this great human Mr. Fox just because he was getting married!" Victor said while looking at Aria while she looked at him as if he had lost his mind. Because, as far as she remembered, she never mentioned that she was slapping him for getting married. She knew that she slapped him for insulting and humiliating her instead. But then she thought, for someone who could manage fake agreements, was making a fake video a big issue? Of course not! She was so prepared to see this new drama what Hunter has woven.

"My Lord, but before that, I would like to call Ms. Cole in the witness box again." Victor asked while crossing his hands behind his back.

"PERMISSION GRANTED!" As soon as the permission was given, Evelyn looked at Ryan and Christopher. Her father was sitting right beside her. He curled his arm around her shoulder and nodded his head as if wishing her all good luck. She smiled at her father and looked back at the men who too nodded at her to go and face this. She made her way towards the witness box and stood in it.

"Ms. Cole, a while back you had said that Mr. Fox had verbally abused Ms. Ferguson and had called her names. You had also said that he had insulted her brutally. Am I right Ms. Cole?" Victor asked while smirking at Evelyn evilly. His smirk made her roll her fingers into fists and punch him right on his face. But she knew she had to control, she was already at the verge of being thrown out of the courtroom; courtesy: her colourful words!!

"Yes! He verbally abused her!" Evelyn replied back in calm and a composed tone looking at Victor with a sarcastic smile on her face. Everyone present there could register the sarcasm in her smile even the judge. But since she wasn't using any foul language, the judge had no other option but to let her stay in the courtroom for now.

"Oh, are you sure Ms. Cole?" Victor asked crossing his arms across his chest.

"Of course! I am sure Mr. Hudson!!" Evelyn said with gritted teeth while narrowing her eyes as if warning him that she would choke him at the first given chance. Victor was enjoying the expressions Evelyn was giving him way too much. He had been eyeing her every time she was there to answer the questions. Unaware to him Ryan was watching his every move like a hawk.

"Are you really sure?" Victor asked and Evelyn looked at him like he had lost his mind.

"OBJECTION MY LORD! Mr. Hudson is asking repeated questions. It's absolute waste of time. The witness has already accepted that she was sure about what she said. There is no point in asking the same question again and again." Daniel pointed out while the judge nodded and said "OBJECTION SUSTAINED! Mr. Hudson, please see how you are asking the questions!!"

"Yes My Lord! So, Ms. Cole; since you accept what you said earlier I am assuming that you were also present there while this happened." Victor stated while looking at Evelyn with narrowed eyes while Evelyn thought about 'that' day. Her eyes grew wide as the realization hit her mind.

"No! I wasn't present there when it happened." Evelyn replied back remembering the fact that she was with Ryan and the twins while this entire fiasco between Hunter and Aria had happened.