Chapter 30: You always have a choice!!

Hello All!

This is the last chapter for this week! I will be updating 'You're Mine Amor' next week. This story will be update the next to next week!

Enjoy the chapter till then!!

I will post a Thank you note tomorrow for the votes and comments on these two chapters!! :)

**********************************************************************

CHAPTER 30:

** BRENTT RESIDENCE **

"I don't think it's a good idea!" Daniel said in a slow whisper shocking everyone except Christopher.

"Why?" Evelyn asked trying to analyse the gravity of the situation.

"Yes why? I am ready to come to the court. I am also ready to come where you want and give my witness." Amelia said in an obedient tone while Daniel nodded his head in 'no'.

"That's not enough, because court works on proofs. And we don't have any proof that indicates that Mr. Johnson was the one who was actually behind everything. There is no doubt that court will listen to what Amelia has to say. But, unless and until we show them the proofs against Mr. Johnson, we can't prove the court that he is guilty." Daniel said while pacing around and pointing out the points just like in the court room.

"Yeah, we don't have any proofs against him." Christopher said in a slow whisper while running his fingers through his hair.

"You are wrong! There is a proof against my father!" Amelia said while showing her mobile phone in the air stunning everyone. "I have video recorded everything and he doesn't even know I was there."

"Let me make one thing clear to you Amelia. If you are here to help us in this case thinking that we might go easy on Hunter then..." Christopher said in a warning tone while raising his index finger in the air but Amelia interrupted him by saying, "Please! Hunter and I are OVER! I broke off the engagement this afternoon when I went to visit him in the jail."

"Why?" Evelyn asked in a slow whisper while exchanging a glace with Aria. Aria had already anticipated the reason behind it. Amelia was completely blind in believing Hunter but somewhere she was still a better person.

"I don't want a partner who doesn't know the meaning of 'trust'. I don't want a partner who can easily believe his own insecurities over his wife. I don't want to spend my life with such a person. It is true that I believed that Aria was cheating on him but whatever happened in the court that day, when I came to know the truth, I understood what kind of a person he is. And I really don't want to be associated with a person like him every in my life." Amelia replied back looking at everyone in a firm tone.

"Does your father know that you broke off this engagement?" Ryan asked looking keenly at Amelia who nodded her head in 'yes' and said "Yes! This morning I told him. And, he tried to stop me by saying, 'Hunter and I love each other'; of course I didn't listen to him and returned back the ring to Hunter this afternoon. That's where I felt odd. Even after knowing how sick Hunter can be, my father didn't object this marriage. And of course, I learnt the truth later in the evening."

"Well, all good then! Chris, I will take care of everything from here. You will just have to file a case against Mr. Johnson and we can go forward." Daniel said in a confident tone while Christopher nodded his head in 'yes'.

"Chris, by what I heard, is it possible that Mr. Johnson might try to alter the DNA reports?" Ryan asked thinking about the possibilities.

"I already have that in control. I was worried Hunter might send someone to alter the reports so I was careful. But, I had no clue about 'her father'. As I have said, I have everything under control. Don't worry!!" Christopher said while looking at Ryan while Daniel nodded his head in 'yes' that he already knows about it.