Separation

“Dinners ready!” My mother yelled from the kitchen.

“Coming!” I yelled back. 

I closed my laptop and walked out of my room. It’s been 3 weeks since I left the One Direction mansion if you’re wondering. It’s been hard to say the least but I managed to stay strong. I broke Harry’s heart and for that I’ll never be able to forgive myself. I’ve been secretly keeping in touch with Marcy. I told her everything of course, and made her swear not to tell the boys. She was reluctant at first but she understood that it what I wanted. She’s also been telling me how Harry’s been doing although I feel like I have no right to ask seeing as I practically thrust him into his depression.

I walked into the kitchen and my mother looked at me with worry. “Nina what’s wrong?” she asked walking over to me.

What? “What do you me-” I felt my face and my hands grew wet. 

“Nina love what’s wrong? You suddenly came home after months of working in London and have been up in your room ever since.” She waited for me to respond, but I never did. “I didn’t question your sudden return, but no more. I can’t watch you do this to yourself anymore.”

I sat in one of the kitchen chairs and wiped the tears from my cheeks. “Mom I just…” my voice cracked and all the emotions I had been keeping in these past weeks spilled out. 

My mother took me into her arms. “Nina, you are a strong woman but you can talk to me.”

I sniffled and gave her a small smile, “Ok.”

Liam’s P.O.V

I lay in my room staring at the ceiling. I heard a knock on my door and then it opened slightly revealing Niall. “Hey Li,” he said.

I nodded, “Hey.”

He walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. “You coming to dinner? Marcy told me that Celine has an announcement.”

I looked at him with surprise. “Announcement?”

“Yeah.” 

There was a pause.

“How is he?”

Niall’s face dropped, he sighed and shook his head. “No change,” he murmured.

Since the time Nina’s left Harry hasn’t left her room. He hasn’t come to practice, helped write any songs, or spoken to us and its worrying the hell out of all of us. Thankfully we have managed to get him to eat thought. We have all felt the depression from Nina leaving but Harry’s taken it the hardest, for obvious reasons. 

We’ve all tried calling her and texting but we get no reply… 

“So you gunna come?” Niall asked.

I looked at him warily but gave in. “Fine…” I sighed.

We left my room and walked down the endless hallways. Why did we ever buy this huge place? I was perfectly fine with our flats…

We came upon the kitchen and saw Marcy preparing the food. “Hey Mar,” I said.

She looked at me and smiled. “Hey boys! Zayn and Louis are already waiting.”

Niall and I nodded and walked into the dinning room. When Marcy spoke I had hoped she would say Harry was waiting for us as well but I guess that was too much to hope for. 

“Ni, Li we were waiting aaaaaaaaages for you!” Louis complained.

“Lou it was like 3 minutes,” Zayn said shaking his head. 

Niall exploded with laughter and I sat down. We sat in silence as Marcy came around the room placing out food down in front of us. She finished placing things down and then took her place at the table, next to Zayn of course.

Just then the dinning room doors opened and Celine entered the room. “Ah boys I hope you are enjoying your meals.” She said as she walked over to us, “I wanted to come and tell you some news that I think you will all like.”

“Oh really?” I said under my breath.

“So as sad as it is that Nina left us Marcy cannot attend to you boys alone. So I have hired a new personal maid for you lot.” 

“WHAT!” An angry voice shouted.

Everyone looked to the door to find a fuming Harry. “Harry!” we all yelled in shock.

He stormed into the room and towered over Celine. “What do you mean there is a new maid! NO! Nobody can replace her!” He was screaming now and everyone in the room was silent waiting for his rampage to end.

When he finished, it was evident that tears were forming in his eyes. He quickly wiped them away and then ran out of the room. “Louis go after him,” Zayn said.

He shot up from his spot and ran swiftly after the distraught boy.

Harry’s P.O.V

No. 

She won’t be replaced, I won’t let it happen. 

“Harry wait!” I heard Louis yell frantically after me. I turn back and slow down my pace as he catches up to me. After reaching my side he took a much needed breath of air. “Haz please don’t run away,” he asks standing up straight again. “You worried all of us and we miss seeing you. All you do is stay up in her room. She isn’t coming back y-“

“How do you know?!” I shouted at him. “She will! I know she will!”

He looked at me and shook his head. “Harry, she left and isn’t coming back.” 

I felt tears fall down my cheeks and Louis wiped them away. “Lou-” I said as I sobbed into his shoulder. “I love her… so much…” 

He rubbed my back and whispered into my ear, “I know…”

Nina’s P.O.V

I sat on the swing at the playground near my house. When I was younger I’d always come here to get away from everything and everyone. Whenever I had school trouble or family fights sitting on the swing and letting the wind flow through my hair always somehow or another set me free.

I sat there swinging for God knows how long, until I saw the sun being to set. I walked home and saw a strange car in the drive. “What?” I murmured under my breath.

Running up to the door I pushed it open and saw an unfamiliar pair of shoes sitting at the door. “Nina?” I heard my mother call from the kitchen.

“Yes!” I answered making my way to her and as I came around the corner and saw him my heart felt like it had been ripped out from my chest.