78

Kyana's eyebrows furrowed at the mention of Mouseack, someone she had not seen in years. What information could Geralt possibly have that would be important to Mouseack? Geralt recognized the look of silent question brewing on her face. 

"When we were walking along Amell Pass I found an army making their way to Cintra. They plan to attack, hopefully my information will help the kingdom." He spared her a glance, pointing towards a tunnel entrance around fifty feet away. "I sent him word to meet us there. Be careful, I suspect not all is as it seems." Geralt warned Kyana as they approached the entry. 

Kyana heeded as they entered, sticking close by his side as her hand fluttered to the hilt around her sword. Caution helped the pair over the years, especially in their time apart. Geralt led her to the middle of the passageways, next to a huge fire pit. Placing his back firmly against the wall, he drifted into a daydream, listening intently. The pair heard Mouseack's heartbeat long before the latch lifted at the door. 

"Out of nowhere, you send word to meet you." Mouseack called from the hall, avoiding the scurry of rats on his journey. "All this time, I thought you were both dead." He stated, walking quickly to meet them and get the ordeal over with. 

"I told you last time I was in Cintra that I wasn't coming back." Geralt stated bluntly, removing himself from the wall to face Mouseack. Mouseack had barely changed since the Witchers had seen him last; a triumph, seen as it was several years ago. His eyes were wearier than Kyana remembered, as though he was about to do something he already regretted. It put her on guard, and she was soon touching the hilt of her sword in anticipation. 

"Yet here you are." Mouseack replied, to which Geralt hummed. "Why?" Mouseack hollered down the hall, as though attempting to keep distance between them, yet remain inconspicuous. After a few moments of deliberation, Mouseack drew to a conclusion before an answer was given. "You've come for your Child of Surprise, haven't you?"

"The opposite. I want you to tell me that he's safeand healthy so I can keep on riding." Geralt stated, turning to face Kyana, who gazed into the flames as though she had never seen fire before. "That, and Kyana would like to speak to Calanthe." 

"He?" Mouseack smiled, showing a set of well kept teeth that his lips curled unpleasantly around. "'He' is a girl." Geralt turned to him, surprise lacing his features. He hadn't thought the young Princess would give birth to a girl. "Yes, Princess Cirilla has been raisedby Calanthe since her parents died."

Kyana looked towards the fire once again, searching for answers in it's dancing. "How did Pavetta die." She demanded, looking up at Mouseack with anger on her face. Yennefer had been the one to tell Kyana her own niece had died; not Calanthe, her sister, but a murderous witch. "You will do well to tell me the truth on why I was not informed immediately."

"Pavetta and Duny's ship was lost at sea. Have you been hiding your headin the sand?" Mouseack stated condescendingly, worsening Kyana's mood, anger and grief. He was dancing dangerously close to Kyana's limit, until rage gently seeped into her bloodstream. Kyana's fist landed angrily on the stone trimmings of the fireplace while Geralt attempted to grasp this principle. 

"Mock me once again Mouseack and I'll remove your head from your shoulders." Mouseack gulped after seeing Kyana was not joking in any way. "I didn't even get an invite to the funeral." Kyana whispered in grief, yet shaking from rage. "I will ask you once again and this time you will answer. Why was I not informed?" Kyana received no reply for a moment, before he finally opened his mouth. 

"Calanthe felt it best you did not come. She held a small funeral, devoid of many who wished to pay respects-" 

"But I was not even told, Mouseack. You see? Hundreds of people, thousands knew, yet I was kept in the dark? Where is my sister, I must speak to her immediately." Mouseack dismissed this thought immediately, aware of how strong and skilled Kyana was, how frail she made the most powerful Queen in the continent look. 

"I'm afraid that won't be possible. Calanthe has business to attend to, and you are far too angry to be granted an audience with her." Kyana scoffed, but was unwilling to confess she agreed. Calanthe was now a lot older, surely a lot frailer; it would be cruel for Kyana to barge in, strength and beauty intact, while hers had depleted, even after all she'd done. "Why now? Why do you think she's not safe?" Mouseack asked Geralt, effectively dismissing Kyana's end of the conversation.  

"We saw an army making campat the Amell Pass. A sea of black and gold." Geralt confessed, observing Kyana as her mind drifted away, sadness and pain swallowing her feelings. Kyana's ear picked up a sound; feet, two or three men, maybe more. She opened her mouth to tell Geralt, yet his mind was already focused on Mouseack. 

"Nilfgaard is seton sweeping the Continent, but since that night at Pavetta's banquet, the Queen's done everything she canto keep her family safe from threats. Shut the walls. Fortified the gates." A man ran across the wooden pathways, alerting Geralt to the presence of a fourth guest. 

"Sent assassins." He growled, drawing closer to the traitor that stood before them. Mouseack had sold them out, that was certain. He was undoubtedly happy to get rid of them, and was alright to tell them as much as he had so willingly, knowing they wouldn't live to tell anyone of importance. Mouseack began to play dumb, but was soon silenced with Geralt's poisoned words. "Were you followed?"

"No." Mouseack stated solidly, remaining firm in his innocence. Kyana quickly casted Quen, readying herself for battle. The small, flying twitch of golden magic fluttered around her shoulders as she followed Geralt down the passages towards a singular hallway, covered in barrels filled with god knows what. 

A man ran into the passageway just down from them, which Kyana rounded a corner to follow him. His armor clamored on the floor, so noisy it could wake the dead. Kyana found herself alone, in a long corridor, with two men either side. She had no escape, and no Geralt. Kyana turned to look at the man behind her, but when she faced forwards, both men were gone. 

Kyana allowed a grin to appear on her face, cracking her knuckles and readying herself to cast Igni and burn them in their own armor. She stormed down the corridor, back down to the middle where Mouseack had been left. When she arrived, Geralt was already there, holding a knife to Mouseack's throat. 

"You want us, you kill him first!" Kyana cautioned herself, stepping around the area to approach Geralt. He obviously had a plan as he watched several guards, more than 10, draw their swords from all parts of the chamber, ready to kill at any moment. Kyana watched Geralt with curiosity, before realizing what he was planning. She stood by his side, one hand gripping his leathers and the other Mouseack's shoulder. 

"Geralt! Do something!" Mouseack pleaded, cringing as he felt the knife press further and further into his throat. Kyana grimaced as she reminisced what portals felt like; especially her friend Keira Metz' portals, which were always a beautiful blue shade. 

"This is on your Queen." He replied as the guards started to close in. 

"We will all die." Mouseack tried to reason, only for Geralt to huff in his face. 

"Blame destiny." Just like that, in a whirl of gold, Mouseack opened a portal, and took them away from the assassination. 

Kyana Of CintraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara