3

The woman was one of the most beautiful Geralt had ever seen. Everything complimented her; her eyes, her features, her hair, even her clothes, which matched his own. Her skin, which was a beautiful shade of brown, was perfection itself. He felt as though he had looked true beauty in the face, even if it didn't smile. How he wished to see what her smile looked like. He could picture it; the light tilt up on her cheeks, white teeth covered lightly with blood red lips and whimsical music for a laugh. 

Renfri smiled at the newly exposed face. She held out some of her bread. "Want some breakfast?" She offered her piece to both of the Witchers. 

"I'm full. Venison." Replied Geralt. The woman reached gratefully over to Renfri, accepting her bread. She had not eaten in almost a week, and it was starting to get tedious. Her muscles ached from lack of food, her mind started to get slow when she was fighting or thinking, and the infernal lack of sugars and vitamins left her light headed. 

Renfri tore her bread in half and gave one half to the woman, the bigger half. The woman smiled gently, barely able to contain her hunger with the smell of slightly old bread filling her nose.

"Thank you, Renfri." Renfri smiled in return. 

"You're welcome. Take it as an apology for the fuss." With that, she wasted no time in biting into her bread and chewing slowly to savor the food. Renfri was generous with the portion of the bread, which was very kind of her. Geralt scoffed and removed his hands from the notch in the table. 

"Witchers like me and Blue over here are always in situations like these." Geralt stated pessimistically, ignoring Renfri's apology. The woman rose an eyebrow, taking another bite out of her bread. 

"Calm down, Hellfire isn't here yet." She stated, watching Renfri tap the table impatiently. 

The beers were placed in front of all three as though they contained the most useless thing in the world. The female Witcher stared at the pint, watching the bubbles dance around the rim of the cup to the sound of the fiddle. She didn't drink, yet she still felt guilty about refusing Renfri's hospitality.

Renfri picked hers up rather indelicately, gulping the beer down as if it weren't beer at all. The woman watched with a smirk on her face, while Geralt stared at her in disbelief. He found that beer strong, and he had an extremely high tolerance. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, meeting the Witchers eyes. She was quick to make light conversation, bearing a gentle, shy smile.

"My mother, god rest her, would be mortified." The Witchers smiled knowingly.

"Our secret then." Geralt replied, a small smile gracing his handsome features. For the first time, the female Witcher looked at him properly. He had beautifully enchanting eyes, these deep, glowing pools of gold that sparkled like amber in the dim lighting. His jaw was strong and sharp, and he was clearly used to it being clenched in anger, seen as he did it subconsciously now. His hair was a shocking white, although streaked with dirt and grime. 

"So, what brings you to Blaviken, Witchers? You came for a monster or two?" Renfri asked, not looking up from her piece of bread. She handed a little more to the female Witcher, who in return slid the beer over to her. Renfri took it gratefully and handed over the entire piece of bread.

"I was travelling by the swamp." Geralt replied gently, still slightly dazed at the situation he found himself in. The woman scoffed at the armature move.  

"That would be your mistake then." Renfri nodded towards the blue haired woman. "And yourself?"

"I was returning from a job in this village. I was asked to kill a monster, and so I'm returning it." She replied casually. Now that the hood no longer made her voice barely detectable, Geralt heard how gentle her voice was, even if it was lower than most women. The soothing tone was somewhat lulling him further into her charm, and he couldn't say he minded. 

Renfri nodded, having had the answer from one. She turned back to Geralt, sparking more conversation. "Why wouldn't you travel on the main roads?" She asked, sipping her beer. He sighed gently, almost unwilling to socially interact.

"It's hard to make a living on the main roads." The female Witcher nodded her head in agreement. She had gone months without work before on the main roads. The roads could have killed her from lack of coin. 

"And you desperately need money for new clothes." She teased them both. Both Witchers looked down at what they were wearing, and agreed with her. Covered in mud stains and blood stains and sweat and dirt and all other mannerisms of things.

"Two more beers." Renfri called, noticing that the woman didn't want hers. She didn't even drink the first, why would she want a second? The barman gave her the dirtiest look, giving her the beer jug instead to serve herself. Disrespect radiated from him, as though he hated Renfri more for standing up for the Witchers. Rolling her eyes, the female Witcher took a hold of the jug. 

"Disrespect is the foundation of being forgotten." She stated quietly, pouring into Renfri's cup. 

"More and more, I find monsters wherever I go." Renfri commented, although Geralt didn't hear. He was too focused on the beautiful woman leaning over and taking his cup, gently and steadily pouring more beer into it. His eyes never left her face, admiring her as though he hadn't already. She noticed, but didn't comment.

A small girl appeared at the other side of the man, leaning her crossed arms on the bar. "How much for your kikimora then?" Geralt and the woman perked up. The woman thanked Renfri for the bread and beer, and was told she was welcome. The woman followed Geralt and the girl outside to the stables where they had left their horses.

"I killed a rat this morning with my breakfast fork. Stabbed it in its fat little gut. My mother nearly fainted, but what was I supposed to do? It had been shitting in our pantry for days." The girl jabbered as they left the tavern. The woman raised an eyebrow, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. 

"Aren't you viciously charming." She stated sarcastically, although the girl was oblivious to her tone. "I believe you mentioned coin?" The little girl nodded eagerly. They approached the stables, where two horses stood waiting for their masters. Blood dripped from under the tarp of one.

"Yes. Isadora said you were looking for my father. She's a gossip, you see. Probably went two steps into the Lord's Inn before she was running off telling everyone evil Witchers had arrived." She paused, pulling back the tarp to reveal the monster strapped to Geralt's horse. "You don't scare me. Either of you."

"Then I'm doing something wrong." The woman said, inspecting the creature. "You caught a kikimora too?" Geralt tilted his head in confusion. The woman pointed towards her black horse, covered in black tarp with the same, vile creature under it.

"We must have seen the same flyer." He guessed. The explanation seemed plausible and so neither read too deeply into it.

"I can also tell you that my father will have no use for this beast." The young girl said. Geralt frowned. 

"Your father? The alderman? He posted a flyer, me and Blue both heeded it." Geralt stated surely. The little girl shrugged. 

"For a gravier." She revealed apologetically. "Kikimora's are useful. Population control." The woman sighed as Geralt hummed. Of course. Population control.