Betrayal flooded her veins when he could give no answer. Had everything been real? Or was it all magic? "It- it's all magic?" Kyana stuttered, disbelief scratching into her face.

"No." Geralt said firmly, although Kyana wasn't sure what to believe anymore.

"None of it was real." Kyana whispered, standing from the log in complete shock. She had no idea how to register what he had done, what he had made her feel. Yennefer sensed it, standing from her own seat and guiding a near crying Kyana away.

"I bound my protection to you, Kyana, I bound me to you. I didn't influence your feelings, it's all real." Geralt tried to dig himself out of it, to explain that he had only made sure she wouldn't be without his protection, that he didn't make her love him.

"I can protect myself!" Kyana screamed, heartbreak lacing her tone as she turned in Yennefer's arms. "And I wouldn't know if it was real or not! I've never allowed myself to even think of feeling for someone else, it's a pretty big coincidence it happens to be you I gather my first ones for!" At that, Geralt didn't know what to say, apart from beg her to hear him out.

"Kyana, I bound me to you, and even before I did, I had feelings for you. Your feelings have been in no way effected, and neither have mine. I would never lie to you." He begged, afraid he might lose the one thing in his life he was grateful for. Kyana contemplated what he had said. She knew when he was lying, and she could see no trace of a lie in his face. If what he said was true, then if she left, the bond would hurt him and not her. If he bound himself to her, she was the one in control of him. Instead of reassuring her, it made her more suspicious. Why would a man so reliant on control allow himself to be controlled?

Borch sensed the tension in the silence. "I'm going to save all of you a lot of hurt with a little pain now." He said, turning to Kyana. "Kyana, Geralt has not effected you by binding himself to you, it is him who will bear the hurt of a broken bond if either of you leave. The sorceress will never regain her womb, and Kyana will fail to find her a child. Geralt, you mean to protect her as to not lose her." Borch motioned to Kyana. "But if you continue to think so recklessly, you will."

Tears slipped out of Yennefer's eyes, her hand unconsciously drifting to her barren womb. Kyana placed a hand of comfort onto her shoulder, silently promising to find Yennefer a baby from an orphanage, even if fate itself was against her. In grief, Yennefer stepped away, wishing to be alone.

Kyana let her leave, sorry, but understanding. "You meant to show me what I was missing." Geralt trailed off. "Now I know" he said, meaning his newfound relationship with Kyana. Borch gave a small chuckle.

"What you're missing is still out there. Your legacy. Your destiny. I know it. And you know it." Borch stated with a knowing smile, bowing his head to Kyana as he passed, leaving the wretched mountain. Geralt became confused and angry. Borch had exposed his wish to Kyana before he could tell her, told him he had all the answers, and now left him there, pondering meaningless words? What destiny was he supposed to fulfill? Why couldn't Borch just make it simple and tell him?

Geralt's jaw clenched as he looked towards the mountains, willing himself to control his temper. He glanced at Kyana, who still wasn't okay with the bond, and Yennefer behind her, who cried silently, mourning the loss of a dead dream. Yennefer soon mumbled her goodbye, promising Kyana to stay in touch, before tearfully stalking down the mountain. Borch had caused them both pain, fiercely interrupted in Geralt's life, and he was beyond angry.

"Phew! What a day!" Jaskier laughed nervously, aiming to defuse as much tension as he could. Unbeknownst to him, Geralt just became even angrier, shaking almost with rage. "I imagine you're probably-"

"Damn it, Jaskier!" He exploded, turning with such speed it gave everyone whiplash. Kyana jumped at the sudden burst of noise. If she had to say when was the angriest Geralt had ever been, it would be right then. Geralt was so angry steam was practically coming out of his ears. "Why is it whenever I find myself in a pile of shit these days, it's you, shoveling it?"

"That's not fair." Jaskier said meekly, unsure of how to defend himself.

"The Child Surprise, the djinn, all of it! If life could give me one blessing, it would be to take you off my hands." Geralt pointed at him, then spun around once again, his booming yell echoing off the mountains. Kyana wasn't sure what to say. She knew Geralt didn't mean a word, yet he was too angry to be disagreed with.

Poor Jaskier looked as though he had been slapped in the face and might cry, a gray look about his usual lively tone. "Right." He mumbled. "Right then. Uh, I'll I'll go get the rest of the story from the others." He turned, starting to walk away. "See you around, Geralt."

Kyana stumbled after him. "No, Jaskier, please don't go." She begged, gripping onto his arm to stop him from leaving. His gaze was sympathetic as he smiled weakly at her, kissing her forehead lightly as a reassurance that they will see each other again. "Write to me." She whispered, her heart breaking at the thought of losing her friend.

"Every day." Jaskier promised, squeezing her hand encouragingly. "I'll see you soon." Tears spilled over Kyana's cheeks. For some, unknown reason, Kyana wasn't sure if she would ever actually see Jaskier again. "Goodbye, my friend."

She sniffed, hugging him tightly and whispered into his ear. "Goodbye."

Nothing was as painful as losing a friend, someone she had trusted for years, but as he walked away from her, left her alone with Geralt, Kyana realized no matter how much she loved Jaskier, she would not risk him being around Geralt when he was this angry. Nothing she could say or think would ever even begin to justify why Geralt had behaved like that, but he could start by calming down and explaining himself.

Slowly and almost reluctantly, Kyana moved her gaze over to Geralt. Just seeing his face spoke a thousand apologies; she still didn't forgive him, and probably wouldn't for a while, but it was a step in the right direction to acknowledge his mistake. Kyana allowed the tears to stumble blindly from her eyes, a heavy silence falling heavily upon her.

"I can't do this right now, Geralt." She whispered. "You kept that from me. I really, really want to be with you, but not if you drive away my friends and avoid the truth." Geralt remained silent, gazing off into the mountains. "I'll be spending some time away. I... I'll see you soon."

When she turned away and he didn't look back, Kyana felt even worse. He didn't even spare her a glance.

In fear she would see a tear slip from his eye.