15

Having left the tavern, Geralt and Kyana grabbed Roach and Pegasus, settling their possessions onto their saddles, before continuing their journey to find the devil stealing the grain. They walked alongside their horses, enjoying the tranquility as Kyana whistled her favourite song. 

"You whistle that a lot, what song is it?" Geralt asked her, turning his head to meet her eyes. Geralt focused on work and staying alive, he never really delved into music or dancing, it was just too useless for his stream of work. Kyana on the other hand, loved music. She played the piano avidly, and was partial to a well written song.

"It's my favourite song, it's called 'For The Dancing And The Dreaming.'" Geralt nodded, observing how her eyes lit up when she talked about it. The song's lyrics were completely foreign to Geralt, who only knew the tune from Kyana's whistling. 

"He's going to follow us you know." Geralt stated, shifting Roach's reigns in his hands. Kyana knew he spoke of Jaskier, who she could hear breathing deeply whilst running to catch up. 

"I find his presence rather stimulating." Kyana admitted, drumming her fingers on the reigns of her horse. "His creativity may be a little... inappropriate, but the talent is there." 

"Ah, a little like you then." Geralt quipped teasingly, watching her lips part and allow her melodic laugh to slip through them. 

"I suppose, but it's better than being a slow swordsman." Kyana quipped back, enjoying the incredulous look that erupted across his face. He could not believe she had just called him slow

"Slow?" Geralt repeated with utter disbelief. "The disrespect that leaves your mouth on occasion is astronomical, Blue." Kyana laughed again, louder this time as his obvious offence became hilarious. Geralt rolled his eyes, looking towards the canyon to stop her from seeing the smile forcing it's way to his lips. He seemed to be restraining a smile every few seconds around her; she was just so charming. With experience, he had found that it was futile to refuse her.

"Doesn't the poor thing think we're married?" Kyana asked to fill the silence with enjoyable conversation. Geralt gave her a slight grin while Kyana smirked mischievously.     

"Want to bet on how long as it takes him to figure out that we aren't?" Geralt suggested.

"5 coins on dusk." Kyana bet, flexing her hand in the hot leather gloves. 

"5 coins on dawn." Geralt met her. Neither of them thought they would be seeing Jaskier after that day, and so neither cared to bet for any duration of time that exceeded a day's time. Jaskier had somehow managed to run and catch up on them, interrupting their peace and tranquility. "And so we begin." Geralt muttered under his breath. 

"Need a hand? I've got two. One for each of the, uh, devil's horns." Geralt sighed gently, wanting nothing more than to pull Kyana's horse away from this fly.

Geralt groaned. "Go away." He all but begged deeply. Through this, Jaskier remained very much present, which truly astonished Kyana. No one really stood up to the small mountain that was Geralt of Rivia. 

"I won't be but silent back up." Geralt didn't reply, hoping silence would get him to leave them alone. Kyana, however, didn't share those views.

"Why are you so adamant to join us?" She asked gently. The last thing she wanted to do was be cruel to the nice bard, who had heeded Geralt with respect after he was told Kyana was 'married'.

"I heard your note, and, yes, you're right, maybe real adventures would make better stories. And you, sir," he pointed to Geralt, who tilted his head slightly, "smell chock-full of them. Amongst other things. I mean, what is that? Is that onion?" Kyana hid a laugh behind her scarred and deadly hand. "It doesn't matter. Whatever it is, you smell of death and destiny. Heroics and heartbreak."

Geralt rolled his eyes. "It's onion." Kyana smiled. Jaskier looked towards her, sniffing the air as though it would give him life secrets.

"That's funny. You smell nothing like him. You smell like lavender." Kyana laughed gently, flicking a few strands of hair over her shoulder to clear her sights of Geralt. 

"You hear that Geralt? You smell like death and I smell nice. I'm officially your superior." Geralt rolled his eyes, meeting her playful silver orbs and showing the humor hidden within his own.

"You're not my superior until you beat me in a duel, and that day will never come." Kyana scoffed, looking towards Jaskier.

"He's just mad I called him slow. I could beat him in a duel. So, so easily." Geralt rose an eyebrow, looking at her with a grin threatening to break through his stoic facade.

"Is that so?"

"Mmhm."

"We shall see."

"I know you guys are married, but why do you behave like you're actually in love?" Kyana turned to Jaskier, an eyebrow raised.

"What kind of question is that?" Jaskier looked to the couple, noticing that he may have offended them.

"Most couples just marry for advantage now, I'm sorry if I offended you." A small pause of silence. "Ooh, I could be your barker, spreading the tales of Geralt of Rivia and Kyana of Cintra, the Butchers of Blaviken!" He cried out excitedly.

Kyana looked to the floor. She hated being called the Butcher of Blaviken. She didn't do it for fun, she did it to protect herself, her best friend, and a small child. Renfri had fooled them both, and that most certainly wasn't her fault. Geralt noticed the look in her eyes, anger flaring up in his. He hated seeing her even the slightest bit upset. 

He stopped dead, turning to Jaskier. He gestured for him to come closer with his hand. "Come here."

Kyana's head snapped up, looking between the two men. Jaskier stepped forward, not expecting the very harsh and rough blow Geralt uppercutted into his stomach. Jaskier coiled around his stomach, falling to his knees, more winded than he had ever been before. Kyana rose an eyebrow at Geralt, who simply shrugged and picked up Roach's reigns. "No one should make you feel like that." He shook his head, beginning to walk again.

Kyana stood, Pegasus next to her. Kyana never understood how Geralt could read her like a book. They were, quite literally, known for being stoic, yet they could see exactly how each other felt, to an unnerving level. She could never express how much the protective, God-like man meant to her. 

She wrapped her hands around Pegasus' reigns, pulling him forward and meeting Geralt's pace. "Thank you."

Geralt turned, meeting her eyes that he loved so much, the blue eyebrows framing them nicely. He smiled gently, just enough for only her to see, but just as genuine. "You're welcome."