53

Kyana's eyes fluttered open, revealing the deep pools of silver. Her vision cleared after a few blinks, where she noticed she was tied to the top bed posts by her hands, lifted into the air. She still wore her dress, although she couldn't say the same for Yennefer. She was chanting in elder, applying pressure to Kyana's skin above her womb. 

An agony ripped through Kyana like never before. She screamed bloody murder, her head tilting backwards as her teeth gritted. Yennefer chanted louder and the pain worsened. Kyana screamed even louder, tears dripping down her face as her dream was quite literally ripped from her body. The pain felt like giving birth to fire; it burned. Badly. 

"Yennefer!" A voice thundered, momentarily distracting her and giving Kyana a seconds piece from the pain. Kyana heaved in her breaths, going red in the face and preparing for the next wave of pain.

"You are no longer under my spell, you are free." Yennefer snarled, pressing her nails into Kyana's skin this time. Kyana screamed, an agonizing, pitiful sound of a dying animal. She wrenched at her hands, trying to pull her arms out of the silk straps that held her so tightly. It was futile, and only made Yennefer dig her hand in deeper. 

"And neither is she, return her to me!" Geralt commanded her, motioning to Kyana, who hung from the bed frame, too weak to even lift her head.

"I can't!" Yennefer cried out. "I can't weaken the djinn. The bard made his last wish, but it's getting stronger!" The bones around Yennefer's womb started to crack, followed by the breaking of Kyana's pelvis. Kyana screamed so loudly Geralt nearly cried.

"That's because I'm the one with the wishes." Geralt admitted, catching Yennefer's attention. She stared at him with disdain, anger, and betrayal in her violet eyes.

"You? You're the djinn's master?" She whispered, beginning to grow weak herself.

"Yeah." Geralt said exasperatedly, as though his answer pained him to say. His eyes wouldn't move from Kyana, suspended in the air, her womb being physically ripped from her body. His heart tore apart, his eyes watered and he choked on his words at the sight of her.

"Well what are you waiting for!" Yennefer shouted. "Make your wishes." She demanded, her back cracking as the djinn was being forced into her body. Kyana convulsed, her entire body started shaking uncontrollably as her own bones snapped and changed.

"Becoming the vessel for the djinn will have you lose control, not gain it!" Geralt insisted. "Can't you see what this is doing to you? To her?" Geralt soon heard Kyana's heart start beating in an irregular, bad pattern. He realized she was having a heart attack, the pain and the snapping of her bones shocking her body into overdrive. 

"True transformation is painful!" Yennefer yelled back, her head tilting to accommodate the pain. It wasn't Yennefer Geralt was worried about, it was Kyana, who had turned a ghostly white and who's body hung motionless from the bed.

"Release the djinn! I'll give you my last wish." Geralt begged, having to yell to be heard above the wind. His priority in that moment was to do one of two options; convince Yennefer out of her spell, or kill her. He was more than willing to do either to get Kyana out of there. 

"You heroic protector, noble dog, permitting my success so long as you command it yourself." Yennefer spat, her voice distorted. "Fuck off!" she screeched. "I'll do this myself."

"Damn it Yennefer, tell me what you want!" Geralt pleaded, watching Kyana's eyes start to close.

"I want everything!" Yennefer screamed, throwing Geralt into a wall to summon the djinn herself. She screamed and writhed in pain, while Kyana just let it flow through her, controlling her body to stop the fit, tears streaming down her face in agony, but lips perfectly sealed.

"Make your wish, you can have anything you want, you can choose not to be a Witcher." Yennefer's voice was even more distorted, her eyes completely red as the djinn was being forced into her soul. "What do you desire? Immortality? Riches? Fame? Power?"

As Yennefer screamed, the windows shattered and Geralt made his last wish. The seal of the djinn turned to dust, blowing out of the window and into the wind. The ink watered from Yennefer, signifying the djinn leaving her body. Kyana hung still, her body being repaired slowly as the spells unwound. Her pelvis fixed itself, her womb returned to it's place, although colour did not return to her cheeks. The wind stopped, and all was quiet, par from Yennefer's pants and the small sound of Kyana's silent tears hitting the wooden floor. Geralt inspected his arm, seeing the third scratch for the third wish.

"The djinn." Yennefer cried out as Geralt untied Kyana, lifting her bridal style and clinging to her pale form. "Where did it go?" As if summoned by destiny, the ceiling started creaking. Yennefer and Geralt shared a look, before the ceiling collapsed and the floors went down, the entire second floor hitting the first. As if by some miracle, the three of them landed on cushions instead of splinters, Geralt protecting Kyana and holding her close to his chest.

"Are you okay?" He asked her, his eyes inspecting her body for any noticeable wounds. Her dress was torn and ragged, like she had worn it for a month straight while foraging in thorns. Kyana nodded weakly, lifting her head as though it felt like a ten ton weight. 

"I'm alright, are you okay?" He nodded, combing some of her hair behind her ear affectionately. Seeing her weak was better than seeing her in pain; he would never forgive himself for what she must've endured for her to scream like that. 

"What did you do?" Yennefer asked shakily, rising from the cushions and covered in dust. "You stopped me, didn't you? I nearly had it."

Geralt scoffed. "You had shit all, I saved your life."

"And I saved yours! You let the djinn escape, who knows what havoc it'll wreak now that it has no vessel at all." Yennefer commented spitefully, her eyes wild with anger.

"No more havoc than you, and djinn's are only dark creatures when held captive."

"How can you be so sure?" Yennefer ignored the facts, instead dwelling on the maybes.

"When did you last feel happy when you felt trapped? And if you were going to portal us to safety you could've taken us out of this shit town." Kyana placed a hand on Geralt's chest to stop him, feeling his heartbeat change as anger poured itself into his blood.

"Be grateful, she could have left us there." Yennefer used her hand to gesture to Kyana.

"There. Someone smart. Besides, it wasn't a shit town, it was fine till you came along." Geralt gave a small huff of disbelieving laughter. "I had a plan." Yennefer insisted.

"And that was going swimmingly." Geralt mocked.

"It was. Like a drowning fish." Yennefer finally admitted. Kyana raised herself to sit upwards, putting some distance between the two, who still eyed each other with hatred.

"Both of you did wrong. You took her prize away from her." She gestured to Geralt, who couldn't interject. "And you tried to take my womb you fucking psycho." She motioned to Yennefer, who gave a hard stare. "But you both saved each other, and me. We're even." This time, Kyana looked directly at Yennefer. "But if you ever, ever try and hurt me, or him again, I will kill you."

Yennefer rose an eyebrow at her. "You'd kill me, for him?" Kyana could see past Yennefer's trick to try and get her to dislike Geralt for not returning her feelings. Kyana smiled sweetly. 

"Without hesitation."