Exclusive Pt. 2

An/ Grab your popcorn cause this ones a good one. 💋
+++

Friday. November 6, 2015

Jackie's POV:

"What're you doing here?" I asked

Aunt Lisa frowns. "I thought you'd be happy to see me." She says

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why should I be? You never called, visited, and when you did you completely ignored me. Now, why are you here?" I asked again, I hadn't seen Aunt Lisa in maybe four years, I don't understand why'd she come visit me out of the blue.

"Jackie.." Aunt Lisa trails off looking at me sympathetically.

"Wait," Liam says breaking the tension, "she's your aunt?" He asks raising his eyebrows

I look at Liam. "Apparently," I answer and continue, "but she doesn't even act like one." I spat at her

She looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry I wasn't there when you were all alone and I know I promised you I'd stay in touch but--."

"--you didn't even go to the funeral!" I yelled at her, "You always said you'd be by my side after what happened to my mom! And then you left for who knows how many years with no contact!" I exclaimed

I was sad and mad at the same time and I couldn't control it. "And then you," I paused and took a breath, "you didn't even show up to your own sisters funeral. What kind of sister are you?" I asked shaking my head

By now Aunt Lisa was crying. Someone walks into the room causing me to turn around, it was a middle-aged woman with a black brief case. "Lisa are you okay?" The woman asked walking over to my aunt quickly to comfort her.

"I'm going to the bathroom, you do the questions and I'll be right back." Aunt Lisa said getting up. She took a small glance at me and walked out of the room quietly.

"I'm so sorry about her," the woman said looking at me, "she just really wanted to see you." She looks at the boys, "And I'm sorry you all had to go through with whatever happened but we should answer these questions quite quickly and we'll be done." She says sitting down and opening up the brief case.

I sigh and sit on Aunt Lisa's empty seat since there were no other chairs.

"Okay so the questions are going to be about the song and how you guys came up with the lyrics. Remember that--." I tuned her out and began to think of back when my family was perfect, I really was. It just didn't last long enough.

•FlashBack•

"Mommy look!" I exclaimed in excitement and looked up the trees that seemed so far up my reach back then.

The day was sunny and my parents, Aunt Lisa and Uncle Sam were all sitting around drinking lemonade like any other weekend. I remember my mom and aunt Lisa were extremely close, the small two year age gap seemed like nothing, because it was nothing.

"What is it?" My mom cooed smiling down at me

I grinned and pointed up at the colorful butterfly that fluttered in our backyard among the yellow dandelions my mom an aunt Lilly had planted together a couple of weeks ago. They were growing slowly, but they were growing.

"It's very pretty." My mom said continuing to smile.

"How many more months?" I turn around and look Uncle Sam.

My dad smiled, he looked proud, "Three more months, the doctor says that he might be a while longer though. But it's nothing to worry about." He assured Uncle Sam.