Graveyards & Tis's To Be Jolly

Jackie's POV:

I stared out the window longer then I had intended during my flight back to LA, I was over the moon happy to be back in the US. I had to admit though that I was already missing the UK. But I knew I couldn't stay any longer because I wanted to visit my parents, and I had the CARRIE shooting in a couple of days.

"Jackie, let's go." Justin said unbuckling himself, I looked up at him and mimicked him. I sighed, tired of the long flight, and stood up. It had been forever since I got in a plane and I did not miss it at all. What I did miss, though was sunny California.

I walked behind Justin as he semi-jogged down the stairs. I smiled at the warm weather and exhaled taking in the picture-perfect view.

••

"I'll be back in an hour or two," I told Justin as I slipped my phone in my back pocket and grabbed a water bottle.

"Are you sure you want to go today?" Justin asked furrowing his eyebrows at me and watched me as I uncapped my bottle.

"Yeah," I said pausing, "I just want to be alone with them for awhile. I don't think I could go on the exact day because I'll just be a mess." I admitted drinking water.

Justin nods, "Well if you need anything call me, alright?" He asked pulling me into a hug.

"I will dad," I said as he pulled away and caped my water bottle. "I'll see you later." I said taking a step back and waving him goodbye.

I walked out of the kitchen, passed the living room, and then opened up the front door and closed it behind me. I walked towards the car where Kenny was waiting for me, Justin had called him and asked if he wouldn't mind driving me because I didn't want Justin to be there. It wasn't really that I didn't want him there, I just wanted to do this on my own.

I opened the passenger seat, slipped in, closed the door after me and turned to face Kenny and smiled. "Hey Ken." I said grinning and giving him a hug

He smiles, "Hey Jackie, how was UK?" He asked starting the car as I buckled my seat belt.

"Great," I said pausing to smile, "the crowds are amazing." I admitted as he pulled out the driveway.

We had just gotten home yesterday and I was quick to decide I'd be visiting my parents today before their actual day of death, November twenty-first. Being back home felt great and I wish we could stay longer but we needed to take a flight to Atlanta in a day or two for
the shooting. They changed the days I was supposed to be on set, they said it would talk a bit longer than they anticipated but the movie was still going to be released next year around summer time.

The rest of the ride just consisted of a steady conversation in which Kenny asked about how I was after my accident. I told him I was feeling better but my five stitches were giving me the creeps.

Kenny slowly stopped the car at the parking lot across from the cemetery. I stared out at the window and played out the accident in my mind. November twenty first, the worst day that turned into something actually, good.

"I'm taking a cab back home," I said glancing at Kenny, "thanks for the ride Ken." I said smiling and opening up the door and jumping off the SUV.

"Are you sure?" He asked as I closed the door behind me

I nodded, "Yeah, I've got it handled." I told him

He nodded. "Alright kiddo, I'll see you in a few days. You tale care of yourself." He said

I nodded and waves goodbye, he gave me a smile and I watched as he drove away. I looked back and stared at the cemetery, I stood there standing for awhile before I built up my confidence and strode to the pathway that led up too several tombstones. I took two rights and a left before getting to my parents tombstones. When I got there, all the confidence I had built, was shattered.

I bit my lip and let out a wail of tears. I collapsed onto my knees and bent back my legs. I lifted my hands to my face and began shedding tears letting myself go back to that night.
Ty
Maybe, if we would have left two minutes earlier..two minutes later, this would have never happened. And then maybe I wouldn't have gotten shot, I wouldn't have been in a car accident, or maybe I wouldn't get so many damned threats and hate, but then maybe I would have never met Justin. And if I never met Justin, I wouldn't be where I am today.

I don't know.

I sniffled and opened up my eyes and removed my hands from my face. The sun was bright, it was a hot day, there was a light breeze. I wondered if it was easier, just dying and dropping dead from this world.

What does it feel like? I don't know.

••

I sat quietly staring down at my empty journal, I was supposed to be writing that damned Christmas song but I wasn't in the mood to be jolly. In fact, I'd rather be sleeping and crying and anything that didn't involve anything g physical. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, moving a pencil isn't that physical, but thinking, it hurts..not really.

I sighed, giving in, and grabbed my Mac Book and opened up YouTube and began listening to Christmas music. After an hour or so my head was burning with Christmas music, I had lyrics going but I wasn't too sure of it. While I did this, my phone was beeping with text messages but I didn't want to distract myself so I continued to write and listen to any Christmas song that was recommended. Santa Baby, Silent Night, Jingle Bells, you name it and I heard it.

"Jackie!" I heard Justin call from downstairs.

I made an inhuman sound and pulled myself out of my sheets, walked down the wooden floor with barefooted, and jogged down the stairs. I roamed around until I found him in the living room, on his phone probably on Shots or something.

"Hey," I said causing him to look up from his phone, "you called." I stated, taking a seat besides him on the cloud-white couch.

He smiled, "Yeah, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the theater, 22 Jump Street is playing." He said

I smiled back, "Alright but you have to buy me ice cream afterwards." I said

He laughs, "Deal, now hurry the movie starts in an hour." He says getting up from the couch

"Where you going?" I asked staying on the couch

"I'm going to go change," he said and smirked, "race you upstairs?" He asked

I laugh, "It's on, Bieber."

Before I could even get up he was running out of the living room. Shocked, I got up and began running trying to catch up. I could hear him laughing ahead of me, he sounded like a little kid being tickled over and over.

When I caught up to him I pulled him by the shirt on the stairs and pulled him down a bit and ran ahead of him this time.

I could hear him laughing behind me but he was also running, trying to catch up. I finally got the the top and by then was laughing hysterically.

"Cheater!" He yelled out, I turned around and saw him. His face was red and he had a goofy grin and was walking towards me.

"Do you know what happens to cheaters?" He asks

I laugh and begin walking backwards. "No."

"They get.. tickled!" He yelled out, I started laughing and made a run for it to my room but it was too late because a few seconds later I was lying on the floor while Justin repeatedly tickled me.

"Aahggh!" I yelled out laughing, I could feel my face burning red and my nose scrunching up.

"Staaaop! Justin, aHAHAHA." I yelled out trying to roll away from him, I felt like a child and all my worries seemed to slowly vanish.

--

AN/ Honestly I think this is one of the worst chapters I've ever written but I really wanted to update because its one of those annoying-but-nothing-happens-chapters. I'm so sorry I updated late but I've been having the longest month ever. School is being a pain and such.

I'll be updating next week even if it means me ripping my hairs out.

qotc: what's your favorite album? or actually, what's your favorite unknown artist? Mines passenger, he's well-known in the UK and ohmygosh, All The Little Lights is such an AMAZING album. I loove it! any suggestions comment below! (: have a loveley day/night/afternoon loves

Jackie xx